Server list cleanup?

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:09 am
scifitechguy offline

Server list cleanup?

I am a long time Indigo user who has gone through multiple upgrades and server moves which may have contributed to the issue I am describing. When I pull up the Indigo Touch configuration panel, I see multiple variations of the same server name, only one of which works for logging in. For example, I see "House" twice, and a third entry "House (2)" along with "Demo Server," and only one of the "House" entries in this list actually works with the server login credentials (the others result in "The Request Timed Out"). I've reset the reflector using both methods stated in the manual (online account and trashing reflector preferences), and I've deleted the app to remove local data on my iOS device. But nothing seems to remove the cruft of old server names in this list. What is the best method to remove the inactive names? Also, is there a way to simply remove "Demo Server" as well? Thanks for any pointers!

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:37 am
Korey offline

Re: Server list cleanup?

Swipe the server that you wish to delete to the left in indigo touch.

I don't see a way to delete the Demo Server.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 8.37.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 8.37.14 AM.png (292.94 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you delete as directed above, close the settings dialog, reopen it and it's back, then you have another Indigo Server running on a different Mac in your house. This often happens when you move Indigo to a different Mac, but fail to delete it from the original Mac. This won't happen with Indigo 7.1 or later since those require activation, but any versions 7.0 or earlier can run the same license on multiple Macs.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:26 pm
scifitechguy offline

Thanks Jay! I had quit the client application on that old device, but I forgot the server process was still running! Once I stopped that server, the new installation server is the only one that shows up in the iOS Indigo Touch server list. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1