iOS 14.2 Crashes

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:36 pm
WagnerOne offline

Re: iOS 14.2 Crashes

Reinstalling resolved the crash at launch issue on my iPhone Xs. I presume it will on my iPad Pro also.

Posted on
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:39 pm
srkinard offline

Works fine on my XS Max with 14.2, also on my iPad 5th gen running 14.2 there.

No reinstallation necessary...

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:57 am
jmdraper offline

iPhone XS (not Max) had this issue and re-install fixed it

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:11 pm
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
I've confirmed that it doesn't display the name, but I'm not having the same issue with having to type the full "indigo touch" - "ind" is enough for it to show up.

Since we haven't made any changes, these are no doubt iOS bugs with backwards compatibility with apps compiled with previous versions of the SDK. Apple does love to ignore older OS releases and SDKs. We'll add these to the list of things to look at after the next Indigo release.

Sorry I mis-wrote that. I meant to say that on older releases of iOS you could search for “Touch” and it’d find it, but now you need to start with indigo - touch alone won’t work! It’s not a major issue, to be fair I seldom use the indigo app these days as Home is a much more suitable interface for me, but occasionally it is handy and I have been doing a bit of control page work lately that has made it a bit more awkward.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm
srkinard offline

durosity wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
I've confirmed that it doesn't display the name, but I'm not having the same issue with having to type the full "indigo touch" - "ind" is enough for it to show up.

Since we haven't made any changes, these are no doubt iOS bugs with backwards compatibility with apps compiled with previous versions of the SDK. Apple does love to ignore older OS releases and SDKs. We'll add these to the list of things to look at after the next Indigo release.

Sorry I mis-wrote that. I meant to say that on older releases of iOS you could search for “Touch” and it’d find it, but now you need to start with indigo - touch alone won’t work! It’s not a major issue, to be fair I seldom use the indigo app these days as Home is a much more suitable interface for me, but occasionally it is handy and I have been doing a bit of control page work lately that has made it a bit more awkward.

On mine I have to click the "More" in the search and Indigo Touch shows there. I think it's a matter of "Touch" being far to general and the way the iOS search prioritizes possible meanings.

I don't think this is something Jay and Matt can change, this sounds more like feedback for Apple...like prioritize app names in the search results

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 pm
durosity offline

Maybe so! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pm
DaveL17 offline

On my phone, the Indigo Touch app doesn't have a name/title when it's displayed in the search results. Seems relevant....
Attachments
IMG_E37164AB5F7A-1.jpeg
IMG_E37164AB5F7A-1.jpeg (210.35 KiB) Viewed 2882 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:36 pm
srkinard offline

Same here...no title. But search is seeing it regardless...if I search for "Indigo" it pops up the same, with no title.
When I search for "Indigo" it's the third result
When I search for "Touch" it still shows up but far enough down I have to click the "Show More Results"

So I think it's just some new search result sorting priority that bumps it down.
Attachments
IMG_5417.jpeg
IMG_5417.jpeg (498.05 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm
DaveL17 offline

Yes, same here. What's also odd is when I type 'to' it finds another app by it's second word, but even if I type the full 'touch', iOS still relegates Indigo Touch to the Show More Results filter. Based on the results I'm seeing, I can say it doesn't look like it's based on the frequency of use or anything like that.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 pm
srkinard offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Yes, same here. What's also odd is when I type 'to' it finds another app by it's second word, but even if I type the full 'touch', iOS still relegates Indigo Touch to the Show More Results filter. Based on the results I'm seeing, I can say it doesn't look like it's based on the frequency of use or anything like that.

Maybe it ranks by app popularity on the App Store? Or something like "Sponsored" web results in search engines...

Dunno. It's very odd for sure...

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 am
durosity offline

I’m just gonna blame Jay for it all. This is what happens when you let him out of the basement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.