Next Update for Indigo Touch?

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm
roussell offline

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

I vote we lock this thread as each line of text Matt/Jay types here is one line of code that ISN’T typed into Indigo!!!

BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

roussell wrote:
BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

I'm pretty sure that Durosity is a Russian troll so he's probably just busy.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:52 pm
mundmc offline

lanbrown wrote:
They just need to be locked out of the forums; this way they can't comment on any thread and all they can do is write Indigo code.

Then who will eloquently and non-judgmentally point out I am doing things bass-ackwards!?

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:18 am
Professor Falken offline

I'm probably looking to upgrade my phone when the new models come out next month.

So what happens if Indigo Touch is run on an iPhone X? That is, will it fill up the whole screen except for the notch area? Would the "hide nav bar" modifier still work for a "kiosk mode" type experience with CP's.

I have been using both that and "hide status bar" apong with a custom installed (via configurator) icon to launch directly into a closed CP system, and to maximize screen space for CP's on an iphone 7. But you give up time, battery, etc by hiding the status bar. I'd be OK leaving that stuff up in the "notch" and just using "hide nav bar".

Unrelated, but why do posts in this sub forum never show up in the "active topics" link? I see them when using Tapatalk on my phone, but not when in a browser on the computer?

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Professor Falken wrote:
I'm probably looking to upgrade my phone when the new models come out next month.

So what happens if Indigo Touch is run on an iPhone X? That is, will it fill up the whole screen except for the notch area? Would the "hide nav bar" modifier still work for a "kiosk mode" type experience with CP's.

I have been using both that and "hide status bar" apong with a custom installed (via configurator) icon to launch directly into a closed CP system, and to maximize screen space for CP's on an iphone 7. But you give up time, battery, etc by hiding the status bar. I'd be OK leaving that stuff up in the "notch" and just using "hide nav bar".

You get the same size and behavior as if you were using an iPhone 8/7, the extra space at the top and bottom are just black. In other words, IT doesn't take advantage of the extra real estate yet.

Professor Falken wrote:
Unrelated, but why do posts in this sub forum never show up in the "active topics" link? I see them when using Tapatalk on my phone, but not when in a browser on the computer?

After digging into the config it looks like that setting was turned off (it was for several other random ones as well). Not sure how that happened, but phpbb admin is somewhat of a black art. I've turned it on so it should show up now.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:40 am
Professor Falken offline

OK, thanks for both answers.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:31 am
durosity offline

DaveL17 wrote:
roussell wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Durosity is a Russian troll so he's probably just busy.

Sorry I’ve been bust hacking and influencing elections!

I’m very much in favour of a indigo configuration client as a separate app.. and I’d love to see a rethink of the way the current user app works as I don’t feel that a lot of the info it gives is relevant to people unfamiliar with the system. Of course HomeKit Bridge has removed the need for a lot of that.. so a client app that basically works the same as the desktop app would be perfect!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:53 am
DaveL17 offline

durosity wrote:
Sorry I’ve been bust hacking and influencing elections!

Sowing discord and mayhem on the Indigo forums is much more disruptive than some silly election.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 am
durosity offline

One brings in money, the other doesn’t. Would you like to start paying me for mayhem?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 am
DaveL17 offline

The check is in the mail.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:36 am
durosity offline

My minimum fee is £9000, which thanks to current events is probably about the same as one of the coins in your back pocket.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:02 am
DaveL17 offline

Or just enough for you to go on holiday to Belgium.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:16 pm
durosity offline

I wouldn’t mind a holiday in Belgium.. after the last few months it’d be nice respite

Computer says no.