[ANSWERED]: IT2 Function Question.

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2015 6:00 pm
jltnol offline

[ANSWERED]: IT2 Function Question.

I, too would like to offer great thanks for IT2! Love the re-desgn, love the night/day color scheme, and the layout is super.

I am curious about one thing... while browsing Action Groups that are nested in folders, touching the Actions icon at the bottom of the page brings you back to the main Actions Page in IT2. This is good.

But Devices works differently. Browsing Devices that are nested, or browsing "Device Details" works as expected, but touching the Devices icon at the bottom doesn't bring you back to the main Devices page.

Both Variables and Pages work as expected... when available, touching those icons brings you back to the main Variables or Pages page regardless if you are browsing items that are nested in folders or not.

No doubt there was a reason for this... but I am curious.. :)

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2015 6:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: IT2 Function Question.

Yeah, the issue is that the devices are using the split view controller (to show list/detail split view on iPad and iPhone 6), but that breaks the iOS behavior of touching on the icon bringing you back out to the top level. We have fixing this (working around the broken iOS behavior) on our ToDo list, but it requires some additional work/overriding so it isn't a < 15 minute bug fix. The other possibility is that Apple eventually fixes it, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 am
jltnol offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: IT2 Function Question.

Perfect

As thorough as you guys are, I was sure there was a good reason for this.

Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 1