IT2 on Original Ipad

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:01 am
bluepine offline

IT2 on Original Ipad

Hey guys,

Its great to see the upgrade. Anyway of making it available for the IPAD 1? I know, old tablet but still works plus its going to be mounted in the wall.

Thanks
T

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 am
durosity offline

Re: IT2 on Original Ipad

Alas no, they've already said they're only going to support IT2 on iOS 7 and above, which the original iPad simply can't run.. heck it can't even run iOS 6.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:32 am
bluepine offline

bummer. Well at least the old version still connects lol.
oops. I just ran into this post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13927

thanks for the quick response

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 am
durosity offline

Yeah, it's a difficult issue but i agree with M&Js decision to draw a line under older OSes.. that said from my point of view almost everything i do is control page based and that hasn't changed much so i don't need to worry about it for now.. but roll on Indigo 7 and (hopefully) a major upgrade to that side of things :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, unfortunately we had to drop everything below iOS 7. Just getting everything working under iOS7 and iOS8, on all the different hardware, was somewhat painful. If you want to use any of the new iOS features it starts to get difficult to provide functionality back to older iOS versions.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

I was thinking, and I'm totally talking out my "ear" now... What would be involved in constructing a kiosk app to show Indigo control pages that would be compatible with older iOS versions? I mean, that's it--no device controls, no actions, no logs--just handle authentication and display control pages. Something like this, if it were possible, could prop-up the usefulness of iPad 1s and so on and would be better than plain Safari.

I realize that IT1 can do this, but I'm thinking that the thing could support the new fonts, animations, and so forth.

I honestly don't know, I'm just asking.
Dave

p.s. I am NOT asking Matt and Jay to do this. I'm just sayin'.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:42 pm
Korey offline

durosity wrote:
almost everything i do is control page based and that hasn't changed much so i don't need to worry about it for now.. but roll on Indigo 7 and (hopefully) a major upgrade to that side of things :D

+∞

:)

--
Korey

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:43 pm
durosity offline

It's so unfair isn't it.. IT2 is still hot from the oven, and we're already demanding IT4 and I7... These guys never get a break.

Eh.. I'm alright with this :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

As I stated in another thread - use a kiosk browser app and Indigo Touch for the Web. The built-in pages are for crap (big item on the list) but if you're really only using your own pages they render just as well as in IT.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:13 pm
durosity offline

jay (support) wrote:
As I stated in another thread - use a kiosk browser app and Indigo Touch for the Web. The built-in pages are for crap (big item on the list) but if you're really only using your own pages they render just as well as in IT.

There is the big issue of authentication with that.. because iOS doesn't store passwords for HTTP Digest (did i get that right?) every time you log in using safari you need to put in the username and password. Also i've had loads of issues with images rendering in Safari doing that (i don't think it's just me as it happens on all iOS 8 devices that i have)

EDIT: Scratch that last part.. since Indigo Server 6.1 it's fixed the issues with the images rendering :D but the authentication every time you log in does get a little tedious.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I never noticed that. Wonder why they don't store digest authentications. Safari on the Mac seems to...

Well, they do as long as Safari is in memory. So for some reason it's not finding or using the Keychain because my iCloud keychain clearly has those credentials in it. Another iOS authentication bug. Man, you would not believe the number of issues we had to hack around with authentication...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:22 am
durosity offline

As best I can remember iOS has never stored those details, it only works if it's submitted through a web form, even if it's in the keychain. I can only guess it's deliberate.. Perhaps to hide another bug?

Roll on iOS 9 and its alleged emphasis on bug fixing!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1