Replace with Control Page

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:18 am
philipbasile offline

Replace with Control Page

I'm trying to change my control page links from "advance to control page" to "replace with control page" and it doesn't seem to work. I realized that I had not updated the indigo client on my iPad 1 which is wall mounted. When I went to upgrade it to the new version of indigo touch, its not supported.

Hmmm.

So I have 2x wall mounted iPad 1s that won't support touch 2.0 that I bought specifically for indigo touch 4 months ago. I really didn't want to spend $500 each for new ones just for the control panels.

Is there any way to get around this ?

Philip

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:51 am
roussell offline

Re: Replace with Control Page

I feel your pain. I have 6 wall mounted 1st gen iPads to replace. I'll be switching to Android tablets and Adam's Housepad client though.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch for Web also supports the new nav options so perhaps you can try one of the kiosk browser apps.

Time marches on...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 am
RogueProeliator offline

I'll be switching to Android tablets and Adam's Housepad client though.

Did you decide on what tablet you were going to use to replace the others in your house (outside of the 22" that you already installed)? Just curious if you had started looking and/or tried any as I suspect there will be several people in yours and Philip's situation of having older devices to replace. I would love to buy a Nexus 9 or that HP that that you purchased, but downturns in work and salary (my day job is IT but company is in Oil & Gas) have prevented that. Those are the leading candidates, though, at the moment would I be able to upgrade. Samsung just announced or released a couple of new tablet versions I believe, but haven't looked into them - just saw a blurb in my news feed the other day.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:58 pm
roussell offline

I haven't bought anything other than the HP Slate Pro yet and the 1st get Nexus 7 that I already had (Uncle Sam really hurt me this year). I'll most likely go with the Nexus 9 with a stand for the living room and bedrooms and perhaps a refurb Samsung something-or-other for the remaining wall-mounts. I'll have to buy one here and there as money permits. I would still like to try a no-name cheepo (despite your warnings) to try outside by the pool/patio. That way if it dies from exposure I won't feel so bad.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm
philipbasile offline

What is HousePad and where can I get a look at it ?

I've seen references to it in the forums but I never could find a screen shot or explanation of what it is.

Philip

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

First thing to let you know is that HousePad is now called DomoPad. It was only recently renamed.

DomoPad is a combination Android Client and Plugin for Indigo. You can find the main forums here:
viewforum.php?f=73

The download post for the software is here:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=13925

And the general instructions can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=11533

Cheers,
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:50 pm
philipbasile offline

So I think I found a design issue in Touch 2.0 on the iPhone and custom control pages.

First lets look at how Apple handles the touch screen.
If I go to the apple settings screen and touch, the action doesn't happen UNTIL you lift your finger.
BUT, if I move my finger up or down to scroll then the "click action" is invalidated in favor of the scroll.
Even if the page has nothing to scroll, this is still the case.
It must work this way because what if you just want to see if there is more stuff to scroll to...
This also gives you the option to change your mind about the click.

In Indigo Touch 2.0 This does not work. Once you touch the screen in a control page you are COMMITTED!
Lets see if there are more things on this page... whoops I just opened my garage door !!

You'd be surprised how this type of behavior becomes second nature after using it so long.
Has anyone else noticed this ?

Philip

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Philip,

Yes, this used to work better (as you described). We'll try to figure out what is going wrong.

Page 1 of 1