[ANSWERED]: IT2 date formats

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:34 am
Turribeach offline

[ANSWERED]: IT2 date formats

Hi, I have been playing with IT2, it's very nice, good job! Small issue, the date formats in the event log are MM/DD which is the usual US date format. Here in the UK and many other parts of the world we prefer DD/MM. It will be much better if IT2 could use the iOS region format for the event log date formats so that the dates are displayed in the user's preferred date format. Not a biggie but just wanted to let you guys know. Also the Demo server seems to be down for maintenance.

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:42 am
howartp offline

Re: IT2 date formats

I should have spotted that in Beta :-(

Matt/Jay, I spotted this week you can't search for dates or times in the log search either?

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 am
durosity offline

I'm sure it didn't do that during the early betas. Either that or i checked and my brain throught i was an american.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We'll look into using the time/date region formatting.

Searching based on time/date is on the request list, but note currently the Event Log history accessible goes back to the last 7500 log entries since the Indigo Server was started. So to get searching back several days is going to require some more work on the Indigo Server side to be able to pull out data from log files versus using the internal memory cache.

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: IT2 date formats

We'll look into using the time/date region formatting.

Interestingly, I get mine in the ISO format...
Last Update: 2015-04-24 13:23:56.

My settings are set for U.S. / English region format. I don't mind either way, just in case that helps or you need another test case to try any settings/changes.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 pm
howartp offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: IT2 date formats

Adam, we're talking about the event log if you scroll back past midnight such that the dates of entries appear - that's where they show as 4/24 etc.

Page 1 of 1