Indigo Touch 2.0

Posted on
Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:51 am
lochnesz offline

[ANSWERED]: Re: Indigo Touch 2.0

Matt/Jay,

Will the release of Touch 2 change how control pages are created? The reason for asking is because I am currently putting quite some effort in creating control pages, but I should maybe stop for now and continue when you release Touch 2 and new control pages configuration possibilities. Can you reveal anything about changes in the control pages?

Thanks!
Peter

Posted on
Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch 2.0

Control Page creation and editing won't be changing.

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 pm
Decker offline

Any updates on the beta testing? Even though I'm guessing you guys will let us know when it's been submitted to the app store I keep checking a few times a day hoping to see an update. :D

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No updates.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm
pantalones offline

Please draw influence from HousePad

adam is absolutely kicking ass on that app. it is amazing. it turns your phone into an integrated part of your indigo system instead of just being a client of it.

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:01 am
roussell offline

^^^ What he said.

Adam knocked that one out of the park. As soon as he activates a donate/buy button he's getting some of my money. I abandoned my own Android efforts because it would have been a waste of time compared to what he's done.

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 pm
RogueProeliator offline

adam is absolutely kicking ass on that app. it is amazing. it turns your phone into an integrated part of your indigo system instead of just being a client of it.

Thanks for the kind words - that pretty much sums up my goal with the application, to have it as an integral part of a whole rather than "just another tool." Obviously some people just want it as a tool in their particular case, and that is fine of course, but want the option of deeper integration available for those that want it (including me, obviously!)

Adam knocked that one out of the park. As soon as he activates a donate/buy button he's getting some of my money.

I appreciate that! It is getting close, but not to the point where I am comfortable accepting any money from anyone... would love to just kind of break even with what I've spent on developing it in the end, so it hasn't been a big rush to get that option available. I can't wait to get it to the Play Store to open it up for more people that aren't comfortable running a beta.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:47 pm
kennybroh offline

Don't see list boxes or selection options on this page. Will they be supported in control pages? I don't know of any decent iPhone app that doesn't let you select from lists for appropriate fields.

Sure hope that's in 2.0.

Even more importantly, what is the thinking about an Apple Watch extension of Indigo Touch? I could be wrong, but in recent memory Apple has never failed to make technologies the market didn't think wanted into something universal. I think that will happen with the watch, and the home automation player who is a leader in that space will really prosper.

My house is totally automated. I mean totally, and its a big house with lots of stuff. Lights, climate, entertainment (sonos, directv, onkyo, pioneer, etc.) fish tanks, camera, locks, hot tub, pool, etc. I use actions, multiple schedules, motion, triggers, time of day, temperature, etc to make things happen, in addition to the Indigo Touch app on my phone and Indigo on my computer. Each room has a control page representing what's available there. See the attached picture of the control page for the kitchen, for example.

But with all that, what would change the ballgame is the ability to walk into a room, touch my watch and turn on the light or the TV, etc. If I could scroll through a list of rooms, and then scroll through a list of individual controls it would be amazing. Someone is going to do that, and sooner than later. I pray it will be Indigo. Dare I dream?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.11.51 AM.png.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.11.51 AM.png.jpg (380.71 KiB) Viewed 3403 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:53 am
howartp offline

Slightly off-topic but could you repost that image on the 'Show us your control pages' thread, and would you be willing to share your button images or where you got them from, in that thread? TV remote is my next control page task!

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:20 am
kennybroh offline

Sure, I'll post it there. Don't remember at the moment where I got the DirecTV image, but I'd be happy to share. Extracting the buttons was a pain as you can imagine.

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:28 am
kennybroh offline

Matt-- you said control page editing won't be changing. One thing I would ask you to consider,and I wouldn't think it would be that much of a challenge, is a "show source" function for control pages. For example, the control page image I just posted uses the DirecTV plug-in. While I love the plug-in, unfortunately the developer chose to have the IP address of the particular receiver entered into the settings for each control, rather than using a variable . In my case I have 5 or 6 of them. Sometimes those IP addresses change, and I'm forced to manually click on every control and change the IP address. As you can imagine that gets quite tiresome, so what I ended up doing was bringing up the database in an XML editor and doing a global search and replace. That worked just fine, but it would have been a whole lot easier if I could just do a "show source," for that page, do the search and replace right there, and be done with it.

Just a thought.

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:39 pm
Korey offline

kennybroh wrote:
Matt-- you said control page editing won't be changing. One thing I would ask you to consider,and I wouldn't think it would be that much of a challenge, is a "show source" function for control pages. For example, the control page image I just posted uses the DirecTV plug-in. While I love the plug-in, unfortunately the developer chose to have the IP address of the particular receiver entered into the settings for each control, rather than using a variable . In my case I have 5 or 6 of them. Sometimes those IP addresses change, and I'm forced to manually click on every control and change the IP address. As you can imagine that gets quite tiresome, so what I ended up doing was bringing up the database in an XML editor and doing a global search and replace. That worked just fine, but it would have been a whole lot easier if I could just do a "show source," for that page, do the search and replace right there, and be done with it.

Just a thought.

While you are considering that,

I would love to see a location & size information for each item in the control page editor down the road. Something like this would be fantastic!

:D :D :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.33.45 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.33.45 AM.PNG (11.33 KiB) Viewed 3311 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:18 pm
howartp offline

+10!

Posted on
Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:48 am
yergeyj offline

Oops :oops:

Jim
Last edited by yergeyj on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 am
iblis offline

???

Best regards,
Andreas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk