iOS8 Widget

Posted on
Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:13 am
manwithavan offline

iOS8 Widget

iOS8 Notification Centre widgets are terrific.
Here's one of the first home automation uses I've come across:

https://github.com/DCMaxxx/LIFX-Widget

I'm very much hoping there are plans for some sort of widget functionality in the upcoming version of Indigo Touch. As an enthusiast who's use case sits somewhere between "home automation" and "home control" I'd very much like to see a slick integration done in this way. I use a few lighting scenes and heating controls triggered manually and by sensors but often find myself adjusting individual devices with the Indigo Touch app. I'm imagining a Notification Centre control panel with expandable rooms populated with slider and on/off controls. Is this a future possibility as an add on to the app or a stand alone?

Posted on
Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iOS8 Widget

We are looking at notifications and widgets (but obviously are not committing to any specific features at this point). The home screen widgets do have some limitations (imposed by iOS), but it would be cool to be able to provide the ability to expose a few customizable Indigo controls/actions there.

Posted on
Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:46 pm
manwithavan offline

Great! Thanks for responding Matt. Apart from the inability to pull up the keyboard for text entry what other limitations do you know of that would affect indigo touch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I've just heard about the keyboard limitation and resource limitations, meaning (I think) the widget has to respond fast and not use much memory. Besides the keyboard, I'm not sure if there are other UI limitations yet but I'll dig into it some.

Page 1 of 1