[SOLVED]How Can I copy Remotelinc button push in Touch?

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:04 pm
thomasw offline

Hi guys,
Been trying to figure this out all week, and I'm stumped. Currently when I press a specific button on my original full size Remotelinc, it runs a trigger, an action group, and sets a variable from "true" to "false". Works fine. I am trying to find a way to duplicate this in Indigo Touch. I simply can NOT get this to work in Touch?
I have tried just about everything I can think of, and nothing will work? I've looked at the event log in detail, and told Touch to do the exact same trigger and action group that is setup on the Remotelinc button. It seems like the problem is for whatever reason, the Touch command does NOT change the variable in Indigo from "true" to "false". (but it is running the trigger and the action group). Any ideas?
Thanks
-Tom

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How Can I copy Remotelinc button push in Touch?

Hi Tom,

There is no action to "execute" the actions inside a Trigger. I suspect you have chosen the "enable Trigger" action which doesn't execute it, it just enables it so that it will work if it happens to be disabled.

Sounds like you need to move the variable action into your Action Group and then just execute the Action Group?

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:02 am
thomasw offline

Hi Matt,
I also tried putting "set variable to OFF" in the list of actions to do in an Action Group, and when I try this in Touch,
I tell it to activate the Action Group, and it does, but this variable isn't changing for some reason?
I'll go through the settings again and try it in the morning. This all has to do with the alarm siren, so I can't test it at night,
or the neighbors will wake up.
I had a house sitter recently, and they either pressed the wrong button on the Remotelinc or forgot, and the siren went off. I got a call from them, and I tried to just use Touch on the iphone to set the variable to "false", and it wouldn't work. So, I've been trying to figure this out ever since. (again, it works fine with the button press on Remotelinc, but won't from Touch?

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you set the variable to false directly in Indigo Touch, then I can pretty much guarantee that it changed. Maybe you don't have the triggers that fire based on the variable change configured correctly?

Maybe we need to step back and get a full description of all the pieces rather than just the bits you've given us so far. The more completely you can describe all the parts of this particular issue the more likely it will be that we can spot the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:38 am
thomasw offline

Hi Jay,
I opened up the Variable List window, and it does show that when I tell Touch to change the variable from “true” to “false” in actions, it does. Now I have no idea of what is going wrong.

Just to remind you, all I am trying to do is have Indigo Touch on the iphone, be able to do the exact same thing as what the Remotelinc does when I press OFF button #6

The setup is as follows. About 4 years ago I added security cameras and an alarm siren to my Indigo setup. You and Matt helped me get it working back then, and it’s worked flawlessly every since. Here is what happens when I leave the house and press the Remotelinc button On #6 to set the alarm:

** The “Front Porch Door” sensor does not do anything except announce when screened in porch door is open or closed. When it is open, it turns on the porch light. The screened in Front Porch Door is different location than the actual House Door. This may be confusing because the problem we are working with involves the “House Door Switch” sensor, which DOES involve this current problem**

Jan 20, 2014 1:38:16 PM
Received INSTEON "Comp Room-Lights" on
Received INSTEON "Comp Room-Lights" off
Received INSTEON "RemoteLinc" on (button 6)
Trigger Arm-Away Trigger
Action Group Arm-Away action group
Received INSTEON "House Door Switch" off (button 1)
Trigger Text-House Door Alert
Received INSTEON "Front Porch Door Sensor" on (button 1)
Trigger Trigger Porch Door Open
Sent INSTEON "I/OLinc Contact" on
Received INSTEON "Front Porch Door Sensor" off (button 1)
Trigger Trigger Porch Door Open
Sent INSTEON "I/OLinc Contact" on

Jan 20, 2014 1:39:28 PM
Schedule Arm-Away Trigger (delayed action)
Trigger Alarm Button Arm
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" on (group/scene 1)
Sent INSTEON "Security Cam-PTZ" on
Sent INSTEON "Security Cam-P" on
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 1" on (ack: 1, 0, 0, 0)
Received INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact" outputs status changed: 1, 0, 0, 0
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 1" off (ack: 0, 0, 0, 0)
Received INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact" outputs status changed: 0, 0, 0, 0

Jan 20, 2014 1:40:28 PM
Schedule Alarm Button Arm (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" on (group/scene 1)

Here is what happens when I come home, I press Remotelinc button OFF #6 and it disables the alarm:

Jan 20, 2014 6:08:46 PM
Received INSTEON "House Door Switch" on (button 1)
Trigger House Door Switch-Alarm
Received INSTEON "House Door Switch" off (button 1)
Trigger House Door Switch-Alarm
Received INSTEON "RemoteLinc" off (button 6)
Trigger Dis-Arm Away Trigger
Trigger new triggerTESTpassive
Sent INSTEON "PowerLinc Interface" off (group/scene 1)
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 2" on (ack: 0, 1, 0, 0)
Received INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact" outputs status changed: 0, 1, 0, 0
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 2" off (ack: 0, 0, 0, 0)
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 4" on (ack: 0, 0, 0, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact" outputs status changed: 0, 0, 0, 1
Schedule new triggerTESTpassive (delayed action)

Jan 20, 2014 6:09:58 PM
Schedule House Door Switch-Alarm (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 3" on (ack: 0, 0, 1, 1)
Received INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact" outputs status changed: 0, 0, 1, 1

Jan 20, 2014 6:12:11 PM
Schedule TestFrontPorchDoor (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "Porch Light" off

Jan 20, 2014 6:23:46 PM
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 3" off (ack: 0, 0, 0, 1)
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 3" off (ack: 0, 0, 0, 1)

Jan 20, 2014 6:25:08 PM
Schedule Dis-Arm Away Trigger (delayed action)
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 4" off (ack: 0, 0, 0, 0)

Output-1 is for the announcer that says “alarm ON” after a 60 sec delay when leaving.
Output-2 is for the announcer that says “alarm OFF” when I return home (within 60 sec delay)
Output-3 is for the alarm siren (EZI/O40 sends signal to Elk-120 connected to Elk-70 siren)
Where it says SecurityCam-PTZ and SecurityCam-P on, they are Appliance Lincs that just turn the power on or off to the security cameras.

As you can probably see, when I leave and press the ON button #6 on Remotelinc, it runs the Action Group named “Arm-Away action group” that turns on scene/group 1, which has the following lines:

send scene 1 (Arm-Away) on *(turns on applicance lincs to power security cameras)
set variable alarmArmed to true
execute linked script file “TurnONsecurityspyScript.scpt”
turn on “EZI/O40 Linc Contact” output 1 *(announces alarm ON)
turn off “EZI/O40 Linc Contact” output 1
execute linked script file “CamSetActiveScript.scpt”

Now, when I return home, it basically turns OFF the Arm-Away action group, shutting off the applicance lincs for security cameras, and changes the “alarmArmed” variable to “false”.
When I open the house door, the Insteon Door wireless sensor sends a signal to Indigo, if “alarmArmed” variable is “true” Indigo then sends the EZI/O40 output-3 to sound the alarm siren (after 60 sec delay). If the Door sensor opens and the “alarmArmed” variable is “false”, then Indigo does NOT send the EZI/O40 output-3 signal, and the siren does NOT go off. This is GOOD.

As I previously wrote to you, the problem I am having is that no matter how I try, I simply can NOT get this to work the same way in Indigo Touch. I have it setup so that I can use Touch to set the alarm when I leave, just like it does when pressing Remotelinc ON button #6. But, if I try to have Touch turn this OFF, it says it is turning off, with the signal output-2 going to the announcer, and from what it shows, the alarmArmed variable is being changed from “true” to “false”, but for some reason, the output-3 is still being sent, which sounds the Siren? I don’t understand because if the variable is seen as “false”, then output-3 should not be sent by Indigo?

Just to show you, here is what happens when I have Indigo Touch try to do the same things as OFF button #6 on the Remotelinc:

Jan 21, 2014 2:05:05 AM
WebServer Indigo Touch client connected from (DELETED IP ADDRESS)

Jan 21, 2014 2:05:33 AM
Action Group Alarm OFF
Action Group Dis-Arm Away
Schedule _delayed_action_26

Action Group “Dis-Arm Away”
send scene 1 (Arm-Away) off *(this turns off applicance lincs/sec camera power)
set variable alarmArmed to false
turn on “EZI/O40 Linc Contact” outuput 2 *(announces alarm OFF)
turn off “EZI/O40 Linc Contact” outuput 2
enable trigger “new triggerTESTpassive” *(this stops SecuritySpy recording)

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I think the problem is that the trigger that fires when you turn OFF the keypadlinc button (Dis-Arm Away Trigger) doesn't actually execute the action group that your control page is executing (Dis-Arm Away) - from the log:

Code: Select all
Here is what happens when I come home, I press Remotelinc button OFF #6 and it disables the alarm:

Jan 20, 2014 6:08:46 PM
[SNIP]
Received INSTEON "RemoteLinc" off (button 6)
Trigger Dis-Arm Away Trigger
Trigger new triggerTESTpassive
Sent INSTEON "EZI/O40 Linc Contact - output 4" on (ack: 0, 0, 0, 1)
Schedule new triggerTESTpassive (delayed action)

I don't see any action group execution there - so it appears that rather than having the trigger execute an action group with all your actions in it, the actions are actually inserted directly into the Dis-Arm Away Trigger trigger. However, from your control page, you seem to be executing the Dis-Arm Away action group. I suspect you got your actions fixed up for the trigger itself and never actually moved them into the action group.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:45 am
thomasw offline

Hi Jay,
I just read your reply tonight. I think I understand what you are saying, but I thought I "did" have all of the actions in the action group itself? Or at least that is what I was trying to do. I'll look at again tomorrow when I have some time to mess with it. I'll get back to you with the results and the event log again.

Posted on
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:53 am
thomasw offline

Jay,
I can not get this figured out? I read what you said, and even though I do have the action group setup, Touch is not working for this. So, based upon what you said about the DisarmTrigger doing the actions, and not the action group executing when Touch tells it to do the actions. I looked at the actual Trigger that does do what it should when the Remotelinc button #6 is pressed. That Disarm Trigger reacts when the button is pressed. So, since the Disarm Trigger can't go off directly from Touch, I created another Disarm Trigger, with all the same items, but had this Trigger go off when one of the Security Cams is shut off with an Insteon Appliance Linc. Then, I opened Touch, and shut OFF the Appliance Linc. Now that "should have" made the new copied Disarm Trigger go off, and set the Alarm-Armed variable to "false" and send the outputs 2 and 4 of EZ I/O 040 on and off. Those items should be what is needed to disable the alarm siren when I open the front door. Guess what? I checked the variable list, and it DID change the AlarmArmed variable to "false", and it did do the EZI/O 040 outputs. But, the darn Alarm Siren STILL went off after the required 1 minute delay!!!!
This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. As you remember, when the front door Triggerlinc wireless open/close sensor sends the signal to Indigo that the door is opened, Indigo is supposed to look to see if the variable AlarmArmed is "true" or "false". If it sees it as "false", then Indigo should do NOTHING at all. But, for some reason, even though I know for a fact that the variable was changed to "false", it is still sending the EZI/O 040 output 3 ON, which makes the Alarm Siren go off.
As you know, if I come in the front door when the AlarmArmed variable is on "true", and I press the Remotelinc button #6 off, it does the Disarm Trigger, sets AlarmArmed variable to "false", and the Alarm Siren does not go off.
I know I am missing something somewhere.
Could there be something that the Remotelinc button press is doing by RF that we are missing? Something that Touch can't do because it is communicating directly to Indigo through the webserver? I know that shouldn't matter?
Why would Indigo send the EZI/O 040 output 3 ON even though the AlarmArmed variable is "false". That is the only requirement set up for the Triggerlinc door sensor. If the Remotelinc button #6 press OFF changes the AlarmArmed variable to "false", Indigo does NOT send the output 3 ON (correct), but if Touch changes the AlarmArmed variable to "false", Indigo DOES still send the output 3 and the Alarm Siren goes off......? It all seems to come down to why Indigo is ignoring what Touch does?............image of me banging my head on desk.......

Posted on
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Email your db file to me at indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com and I'll see if I can figure it out. In the email, give me the name of the relevant devices, triggers, variables, control pages, etc.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Just to wrap up this thread, we identified several configuration issues with the OPs solution. It is a complex solution with lots of moving parts so there were several problems with his implementation.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1