Indigo Touch Integration with SonoPad Sonos Control App

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 pm
SonosGuy offline

Indigo Touch Integration with SonoPad Sonos Control App

I thought this might be helpful to Sonos users. I have worked as a beta tester for the developer of the SonoPad application, available on the app store. Essentially it is a replacement for the official Sonos application. Allows you to select Sonos ZonePlayers and music services. It doesn't have all the features of the official Sonos app (like timers and setup functions) but it supports most of the music services, allows you to search, create play lists etc. The only popular service it deosn't work with is Last.FM.

What's cool is that it allows third party apps (like Indigo Touch) to launch it in specific modes, like Rhapsody Search, Pandora Station List, TuneIn Radio Search, etc. Even cooler is that when it is launched from a third party app (using a standard URL call), it displays a back arrow graphic allowing SonoPad to launch back to Touch!

This allows for some pretty tight integration. I have developed control pages which integrate Nick's fabulous Sonos plug in for feedback and preset buttons. For further integration like artist and track search, I use the external URL function to launch into SonoPad.

Here are some shots of my setup. In my example I clicked on my SiriusXM search icon which launched SonoPad to a specific Sonos ZonePlayer with all the SiriusXM stations listed. You'll notice the album artwork at the top of my control page and the same artwork displayed in SonoPad. Also notice the back arrow in the upper left corner of SonoPad to launch back to my control page.

http://sonopad.com/improved-home-automation-part-ii/
Attachments
ControlPage.jpg
ControlPage.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 5595 times
SonoPad.jpg
SonoPad.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 5595 times

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Indigo Touch Integration with SonoPad Sonos Control App

Wow, this sounds like much more than "useful"!
Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I'm able to use the URL's on a CP to navigate to SonoPad but I'm not seeing that back
button to return to Touch. Maybe a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 pm
SonosGuy offline

You need to make sure the return path app is embedded in the URL otherwise the arrow won't show. See the instructions in the link.

Posted on
Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:01 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Got it. Many thanks for a great solution and addition to Indigo!

Carl

Posted on
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 am
ckeyes888 offline

Maybe an iPhone version in the works?

Carl

Posted on
Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Curious about how you are handling the album art on the CP posted above.
I see you have a number of players listed but just the one, I assume, refreshing
URL image for the art. If so is there a way to change that image URL from one player
to another?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm
SonosGuy offline

It's a single zone player I'm distributing to speakers throughout the house. Uses updating URL. Attached is another CP with independent sources, along with a search button that calls SonoPad for that particular zone. In other words, if I'm in the guest room and want to play an album from my favorite artist, I could jump right to a search box for Rhapsody and my selection would play in the guest room only.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (177.34 KiB) Viewed 5381 times

Posted on
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 am
ckeyes888 offline

Gotcha, thanks. Great looking pages! If only we could control the refreshing URL with a variable :-(

I'm working on some stock info pages where you can enter AAPL etc. and get lots of info but
it's associated image chart, like the album art, is a problem to update to that particular stock.

Maybe soon guys?

Carl

Posted on
Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Just tried the SonoPhone app using some various control page URL's to launch it,
which works fine, but am not seeing the return arrow to Indigo that was present
in the Sonopad app.

Anyone have any luck launching SonoPhone from a CP and returning to Indigo from
the app?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:44 pm
mark_anderson_us offline

SonosGuy wrote:
I thought this might be helpful to Sonos users. I have worked as a beta tester for the developer of the SonoPad application, available on the app store. Essentially it is a replacement for the official Sonos application. Allows you to select Sonos ZonePlayers and music services. It doesn't have all the features of the official Sonos app (like timers and setup functions) but it supports most of the music services, allows you to search, create play lists etc. The only popular service it deosn't work with is Last.FM.

What's cool is that it allows third party apps (like Indigo Touch) to launch it in specific modes, like Rhapsody Search, Pandora Station List, TuneIn Radio Search, etc. Even cooler is that when it is launched from a third party app (using a standard URL call), it displays a back arrow graphic allowing SonoPad to launch back to Touch!

This allows for some pretty tight integration. I have developed control pages which integrate Nick's fabulous Sonos plug in for feedback and preset buttons. For further integration like artist and track search, I use the external URL function to launch into SonoPad.

Thanks for sharing SonosGuy. I'm seriously considering moving from HS and really want good Sonos integration.

Given I'm not even a noob yet :D, does this just woirk in indogo touch, or will it work in a web client?

Page 1 of 1