Indigo Touch log not updating in background

Posted on
Thu May 19, 2022 11:09 pm
Monstergerm offline

Indigo Touch log not updating in background

Since installing Indigo 2022.1, I noticed that the log in Indigo Touch is not updating anymore while the app is in the background. I have to force quit the app and reopen it to refresh the log.
The log is updating while the app is open and the log being watched.

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2022 8:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch log not updating in background

I'm not seeing that issue. Try deleting the connection in settings then recreating it (while the iOS device is on the same local network as your Indigo Server).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 am
Monstergerm offline

I did delete and recreate the connection to my Indigo server. I think it is working again. Hurray
Weird, it happened on both my iPhone and iPad and it only affected the log; all other functionality of the Touch app was working fine.

I don't remember how this was before, I thought anytime I opened the Indigo Touch app, the log would say something like "Indigo Touch client connected from (IP address)". Now I only see this message after a fresh relaunch of the app. Is this the correct behavior?

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2022 11:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I believe if iOS unloads Indigo Touch (to clear up memory, whatever), it will show up in the log (since it's a relaunch). But moving Indigo Touch to the background doesn't cause iOS to automatically quit it (rather it just suspends it), so when Indigo Touch switches back to the foreground it doesn't have to recreate the network connections.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1