Any future updates to Indigo Touch?

Posted on
Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 am
spiv offline

There hasn't been any work on Indigo Touch iOS app for quite a while.

(I don't see anything mentioned in the Indigo 7.3.0 release notes, but haven't loaded it yet. If there is new stuff, please point me that way.)

I'm wondering if there are any plans for any significant changes or improvements. The "world of UI" has evolved quite a bit but Indigo Touch has stayed the same.

Many requests for substantive features have been logged here in the past. I won't go through the full laundry list, but modern capabilities like geofencing, and lots more haven't been addressed.

Other than the obligatory refresh when Apple does something that totally breaks it (possible every June with WWDC preview of Apple's software direction/evolution), is anything even on the planning board?

Posted on
Fri May 03, 2019 1:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Any future updates to Indigo Touch?

We don't discuss our feature roadmap publicly, but we know Indigo Touch is feeling a bit neglected.

Posted on
Sat May 11, 2019 10:44 am
rehafer offline

I’ve been thinking that Shortcuts hooks for Indigo Touch might be useful, but iOS 13 may give Shortcuts full access to HomeKit and then I could do everything I want via HomeKit Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:39 am
jbdecker offline

It would be really nice to finally utilize the screen of an iPhone Max.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:13 pm
durosity offline

jbdecker wrote:
It would be really nice to finally utilize the screen of an iPhone Max.

That, plus the ability to edit triggers and schedules would make it infinitely more useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:55 pm
Ramias offline

rehafer wrote:
I’ve been thinking that Shortcuts hooks for Indigo Touch might be useful, but iOS 13 may give Shortcuts full access to HomeKit and then I could do everything I want via HomeKit Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree Shortcuts hook would be great. There are some things I don't want to expose to the Home app (sometimes Siri "mis-hears" and turns off an entire room instead of a light in that room, for example. I have virtual devices that I need to toggle that would show to the Home app as switches and get turned off).

Posted on
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 am
durosity offline

Aww I was disappointed when I saw an indigo touch update this morning, but it was just apple updating the certificate.

2017 though.. is that right? Scary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Amazing it still works so well! :-) We definitely have plans for a new version on the drawing board.

And thanks to Apple for actually updating the certificate for us. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the email from them saying they were doing that the other day.

Posted on
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:35 am
jalves offline

Just wanted to mention that Indigo Touch works just fine on an M1 Mac. Not that you'd really need it there but I tried it and it works.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:33 pm
rustyhodge offline

Indigo touch works pretty well. Some people may complain it hasn't been updated in a while, but frankly the functionality is great.

My biggest request for the future would be to support Shortcuts, so we could script it a bit. But there are a lot of work-arounds available for that (namely via the Homekit plugin) so I'm content.

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:37 pm
MKuchnic offline

I agree, it works well but hooks into shortcuts would be great. Homekit Siri doesn't support action groups, so short cut access to the action groups would help.

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:10 pm
DaveL17 offline

Funny you should mention Shortcuts and Indigo. I'm currently working on some examples of how to use Shortcuts with Indigo's new and improved API that will ship with version 2022.2.

Stay tuned!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:11 pm
CliveS offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Funny you should mention Shortcuts and Indigo. I'm currently working on some examples of how to use Shortcuts with Indigo's new and improved API that will ship with version 2022.2.

Stay tuned!

I am looking forward to seeing your new API use for shortcuts as I was worried that my 40 odd Siri Indigo shortcuts would stop working ( or is the original API still going to be available in 2022.2?) but even so you will no doubt open more options with your examples.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:48 am
DaveL17 offline

The best answer I can give is "maybe" as it depends on which API you're using for each shortcut. The Restful API is going to be deprecated in the next major release (Indigo v2022.2).

However, plugins that use the "message" API should continue to work as they do now.

Code: Select all
https://myreflector.indigodomo.net/message/PLUGINID/actionId/

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:17 am
CliveS offline

DaveL17 wrote:
The best answer I can give is "maybe" as it depends on which API you're using for each shortcut. The Restful API is going to be deprecated in the next major release (Indigo v2022.2).

However, plugins that use the "message" API should continue to work as they do now.

Code: Select all
https://myreflector.indigodomo.net/message/PLUGINID/actionId/

I just use shortcuts to open/close garage, front door and turn on/off devices, no hardcore coding :), hence why I wait with baited breath for your examples.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 15.13.28.png
Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 15.13.28.png (350.71 KiB) Viewed 3296 times

Hopefully this will still work on 2022.2

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer