WeatherFlow Plug-in

Posted on
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 pm
Peel offline

WeatherFlow Plug-in

My apologies if this isn't the correct place to put this, but Jay locked the existing thread about this plugin, and the plugin creator doesn't have a folder under the 3rd Party Plugins and Developers section. I understand the reason for locking it was because the developer wanted questions and bugs reported to his git hub site, but I have a general usability question that might be able to be answered by others who are using the plugin, and since they won't see this on git hub I needed a place to ask in the Indigodomo forums. Moderators: If this should reside somewhere else please move it.

I'm not an owner of a WeatherFlow device (but I have a Tempest on order). However I have been able to connect to the public data from someone who has one a few miles from my home. I've been able to create and update a few variables to work as triggers, etc, but can't find anywhere a list of what all of the different device states for the Sky device are. For example - what is the difference between Rain Accumulated, Local Daily Rain Accumulation, Rain Accumulated Final, and Daily Rain Accumulation Final? Is one of them the current rate and another the total amount? What does Final mean?

-Pete

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 pm
Korey offline

Re: WeatherFlow Plug-in

Bruce has updated his Plugin to support the Tempest and has included a few of the requests!

:D :D

Thanks Bruce!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 12.34.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 12.34.04 PM.png (283.98 KiB) Viewed 4938 times

--
Korey

Posted on
Fri May 29, 2020 2:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Not so patiently waiting for my survey email from Indiegogo... :)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 31, 2020 12:09 am
CraigM offline

jay (support) wrote:
Not so patiently waiting for my survey email from Indiegogo... :)

Me too!

Posted on
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:25 pm
tazswe offline

The forecast page on the new app seems much better than on the previous app.

My WeatherFlow is just running without any problems, it’s working so good that you almost forgot you have it.

Is anybody using the forecast for any applications?
Not even sure if you can do it and are in bed and to tired to have a try myself

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:33 am
aldera offline

I have a Tempest device and it is working very well for me. The Tempest iOS app has a wealth of information and has some nice graphic presentations for rain and lightning.

I'm also using the WeatherFlow plugin but it's not displaying the barometric pressure correctly. The iOS app will show the pressure (inHg) correctly as 29.87 but the plugin displays it as 38.9. I tried changing the units to millibars but it still has the same error. I also deleted the device and created a new one and I still have the same problem. Anyone else having this error or any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:04 pm
CraigM offline

I have had my Tempest running for several days now and the Tempest Device, Hub, and iOS app are working great.

Unfortunately the Indigo Plugin isn't working at all for me. Granted the Tempest product is new, and I'm not sure Bruce even has one yet, so the Plugin code is most likely in need of some work.

- WeatherFlow Plugin allows me to create WS and UDP devices and they quickly populate with good data in Indigo, but then the Plugin stops seeing any new data.

- I have deleted the plugin and all devices, prefs and started over. This did not solve any issues.

- Indigo 7.4
- Plugin 0.2.1
- OS Mojave

This is a typical error
0711am Error.png
0711am Error.png (73.4 KiB) Viewed 4734 times

And another
1024am Error.png
1024am Error.png (35.7 KiB) Viewed 4734 times

Reloading the Plugin does not wake it up to gather fresh data, and every device has an error
547pm ReLoadError.png
547pm ReLoadError.png (290.09 KiB) Viewed 4734 times

I sure hope that this Plugin can get to the point of being stable and reliable. The last few days of testing have been a disaster since Indigo is using stale data, none of my schedules HVAC, Irrigation, Lighting (LUX), etc work correctly.

These issues have been reported to GitHub, but I think we need a user to user thread here on this forum.

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:56 pm
aldera offline

CraigM wrote:
I have had my Tempest running for several days now and the Tempest Device, Hub, and iOS app are working great.

Unfortunately the Indigo Plugin isn't working at all for me. Granted the Tempest product is new, and I'm not sure Bruce even has one yet, so the Plugin code is most likely in need of some work.

- WeatherFlow Plugin allows me to create WS and UDP devices and they quickly populate with good data in Indigo, but then the Plugin stops seeing any new data.

- I have deleted the plugin and all devices, prefs and started over. This did not solve any issues.

- Indigo 7.4
- Plugin 0.2.1
- OS Mojave

I sure hope that this Plugin can get to the point of being stable and reliable. The last few days of testing have been a disaster since Indigo is using stale data, none of my schedules HVAC, Irrigation, Lighting (LUX), etc work correctly.

These issues have been reported to GitHub, but I think we need a user to user thread here on this forum.

I had trouble with getting the data to update correctly in the beginning. I initially created a Tempest UDP device for each weather value I wanted to track and then put them on a control page. They never updated correctly. What I then did was delete all the UDP devices and created a single UDP device with a "blank" value. Then on the control page I used that one device to create values for each weather reading I wanted. Now they update on the page every 60 seconds. I still have the bad pressure reading but everything else is updating correctly.

Ralph

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:39 pm
CraigM offline

aldera wrote:
I had trouble with getting the data to update correctly in the beginning. I initially created a Tempest UDP device for each weather value I wanted to track and then put them on a control page. They never updated correctly. What I then did was delete all the UDP devices and created a single UDP device with a "blank" value. Then on the control page I used that one device to create values for each weather reading I wanted. Now they update on the page every 60 seconds. I still have the bad pressure reading but everything else is updating correctly.

Ralph

Ralph, I tried the 'blank' and it works better, but only for ± a day before the data stopped.

Would you please test the following:

1) Reload the plugin - do you get any errors in the event log as it stops and starts back up?

2) After the Reload - is data still updating consistently?

FYI - My pressure is also off [WF APP]= 29.738 inHg. [INDIGO] =39.66

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:51 pm
aldera offline

CraigM wrote:

Ralph, I tried the 'blank' and it works better, but only for ± a day before the data stopped.

Would you please test the following:

1) Reload the plugin - do you get any errors in the event log as it stops and starts back up?

2) After the Reload - is data still updating consistently?

FYI - My pressure is also off [WF APP]= 29.738 inHg. [INDIGO] =39.66

I just did a reload and everything is updating every 60 seconds. Still have the barometric pressure error.

Code: Select all
 Reloading plugin "WeatherFlow Smart Weather 0.2.1"
   Stopping plugin "WeatherFlow Smart Weather 0.2.1" (pid 76101)
   Stopped plugin "WeatherFlow Smart Weather 0.2.1"
   Starting plugin "WeatherFlow Smart Weather 0.2.1" (pid 92106)
   Started plugin "WeatherFlow Smart Weather 0.2.1"

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:33 pm
aldera offline

Just an update. Bruce has been very responsive on GitHub and updated his plugin to v0.2.3 and has fixed several issues. The barometric pressure is working correctly now.

v0.2.3 fixes
Improve error handling in validating Station ID's
Fix pressure conversions
Fix processing of Tempest UDP observations

Thanks Bruce!

Posted on
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:14 pm
CraigM offline

v0.2.3 looking good! no WS or UDP errors & pressure state fixed. Thanks Bruce!

Posted on
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:31 pm
jltnol offline

Just a quick note that I got my Tempest in today, and had it all setup in about 15 minutes. I THOUGHT everything was ok, but turns out UDP wasn't updating. After reading more, I think I have it working now. For the moment, I'm comparing data from the Websocket with the UDP data, just to see if things are working. Timestamps from both "devices" change, and match, so I'm assuming everything is working as it should. Weather data changes slowly, so won't know for sure 'til in the morning.

Just a few notes, which may be helpful to others:

1. I tried the Terminal command mentioned in the Wiki (nc -ulkw 1 50222), but got an error message. I disabled the plugin, and then the data started coming in. So if you try this command as a check, you should consider disabling the plugin to see if data is incoming. Most likely this won't be a problem for anyone, but thought I'd mention it.

2. Although I thought I was going to have to create a device for each measurement, that turns out not to be the case. I did try creating an Air Temp UDP device (among others) , but those devices seemed to stop receiving data. (I kept getting an UDP error when I reloaded the plugin, and I think that happened when the UDP device was created with a measurement chosen for the Device State) I've had better success with creating a "BLANK" UDP and "BLANK" Websocket device, at least so far. (The Websocket was more reliable when created as a measurement (not blank), but since I'm just starting, creating the 2 devices as blanks just seemed like the right thing to do. And now, NO ERRORS when reloading the plugin

Bottom line. For the moment, everything seems to be working exactly as planned. Hats off to Bruce for the enormous effort to get this working. Great job!! I am very thankful.

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:56 pm
jltnol offline

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to track rainfall?

I've got a Tempest and am using the Weatherflow plugin, and have both the UDP as well as the websocket set up as devices... but at BEST it seems I can track WHEN its raining (yes/no) but not rain accumulation for the day. Am I missing something ?

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:29 pm
Korey offline

jltnol wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to track rainfall?

I've got a Tempest and am using the Weatherflow plugin, and have both the UDP as well as the websocket set up as devices... but at BEST it seems I can track WHEN its raining (yes/no) but not rain accumulation for the day. Am I missing something ?

No rain here in over 150+ days... so no.. :( :( :(

--
Korey