Any Jaguar I-Pace drivers in the community ?

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:43 pm
neilk offline

Any Jaguar I-Pace drivers in the community ?

I picked my I-Pace up just before Christmas and have been playing with the jlrpy package that interfaces with Jaguar In Control. I mainly want to report charge state and initiate “Pre-conditioning” which I can do in scripts but I wanted to assess interest in a Plugin now I have the taste for it. Ultimately I want to go full Austin Powers and ask Alexa to “fire up the Shaguar” but that may result in being disowned by the family.
Really pleased with the car so far, ICE was so 2019!

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:31 am
durosity offline

Re: Any Jaguar I-Pace drivers in the community ?

Welcome to the EV world. You can now feel smug and superior to all the fume belching luddites on the road (because you ARE superior ;)

out of interest any reason specifically for going for the ipace over the others in the same category?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:48 am
neilk offline

I did consider Tesla (Model 3 and S) as well as eTron. The Tesla technology is definitely better but lots of build quality issues and the interior and styling didn’t really work for me. The eTron was just too much like other Audi SUV’s and was well matched capability wise to the I-Pace. The. I-Pace for me is the best looking interior and exterior and most of the early bugs have been fixed, the range works for my usage and the performance is more than good enough. I also have a long term relationship with the dealer and this replaces a “rejected” car that had major engine problems due to the engineering compromises required to meet EU6 emissions. Amazing how motivated my teenage kids were with us making the change, they both love it and for the first time think a car is cool, and my Wife loves it too. It does feel like a leap to the future.

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:43 am
neilk offline

I should say the jlrpy https://github.com/ardevd/jlrpy library also works with ICE Jaguar and Land Rover cars. I no longer have one to test against but most of the device states get exposed (including many things not in the official JLR apps. I am happy to make it a more generic JLR In Control Pro plugin if others don't mind testing against their accounts.

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:53 pm
durosity offline

Cool well I really hope you enjoy it. I'm still putting around in my 5 year old Renault Zoe and with a few minor charging related issues we had in the early days (the Zoe is rather demanding of an the earthing specs being fully adhered to.. which can be kinda frustrating but I appreciate where they're coming from) it's actually been super reliable.. one of the great things about EVs over ICE and PHEVs is so very very few moving parts to fail. I do have an old ICE Volvo XC90 for moving large things around and such... it's a great car but the emissions are horrific.. and the noise.. I'd love to get it converted to an EV someday.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1