Weather Forecast Options?

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:36 pm
CraigM offline

Weather Forecast Options?

What are ALL the current options for bringing weather forecast data into Indigo. Why did you choose one over the other.

I've been using NOAA Weather Plus for a long time, but getting a hundred log errors a day has gotten out of hand. My log is a daily sea of red.
Code: Select all
  NOAA Weather Plus Error         HTTP error getting weather information from alternate NOAA source: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
  NOAA Weather Plus Error         Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 33.6267, -116.1594: <urlopen error timed out>
  NOAA Weather Plus Error         Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 33.6267, -116.1594: <urlopen error timed out>

I'm sure this is the .gov feed, not the plugin, but it's time to start looking for a plan B.

So let me know what you like and why.

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:03 pm
toille27 offline

Re: Weather Forecast Options?

I can't speak for ALL options but thought I'd give you my two cents....I've been using WeatherSnoop and an Ambient Weather WS-2080 for a few years now and I find its been generally reliable. I think I had to reboot the Ambient Weather station 3 times in 3 years. I was using the NOAA and continue to have a device set up but I recall it only updated data every hour or something of that nature. I also found that my temperature and that of my closest NOAA station (an airport) could have temperature variations as great as +/- 5 degrees. My primary use of the weather station is for controlling skylights.

I also recall looking at the RXCOM weather options prior to going with the Ambient Weather station.

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I've found the Weather Underground plugin and feed to be very reliable, except when the developer introduces bugs in an update. :lol:

My main use, currently, is for weather alerts for specific locations.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I've found the Weather Underground plugin and feed to be very reliable, except when the developer introduces bugs in an update. :lol:

My main use, currently, is for weather alerts for specific locations.

I like to keep everyone on their toes. :D

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I've tried them all... the included NOAA plugin, the NOAA Weather Plus, old weather script from the user contributions, etc. I have settled on the WUnderground Plugin and couldn't be happier -- in fact, it is the only one I have been truly happy with in all my tries. And I am picky about software, so that says something. I love the multiple devices, the amount of data provided (I'm a data geek, apparently) and it has been solid for me.

I have local weather instruments as well (using Oregon Scientific ones), so I use that for "current conditions" and the WUnderground data for all forecast conditions/data/graphing.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:08 pm
ckeyes888 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

I've tried them all... the included NOAA plugin, the NOAA Weather Plus, old weather script from the user contributions, etc. I have settled on the WUnderground Plugin and couldn't be happier -- in fact, it is the only one I have been truly happy with in all my tries. And I am picky about software, so that says something. I love the multiple devices, the amount of data provided (I'm a data geek, apparently) and it has been solid for me.

I have local weather instruments as well (using Oregon Scientific ones), so I use that for "current conditions" and the WUnderground data for all forecast conditions/data/graphing.

Adam

Ditto. WU plugin handles it all beautifully.

Carl

Page 1 of 1