Insteon Health Test Tool app now available

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:07 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Insteon Health Test Tool app now available

Oh.. and to find out what version of Perl you are running, open a terminal and type: perl -v.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 pm
kpfriedberg offline

berkinet wrote:
@kpfriedberg

I made a small change and have placed a test copy of the iHealth app on dropbox

Give it a try and let me know what happens.

Same result, here's the terminal output:

Last login: Mon Dec 19 20:08:22 on ttys001
Basement-iMac:~ Karen$ sleep 1;cd '/Users/Karen/Desktop/iHealth.app/Contents/Resources/';clear ; ./insteon_health.pl -d"/Users/Karen/Desktop/iHealth-Devices.txt" -i 10 -m cu.usbserial-A6008aeY -o "/var/tmp/iHealth-Report.html";echo This window will automatically close in 30 seconds;sleep 30;exit

Can't locate loadable object for module Device::SerialPort in @INC (@INC contains: ./CPAN/arch ./CPAN /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.3 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at ./insteon_health.pl line 28
Compilation failed in require at ./insteon_health.pl line 28.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./insteon_health.pl line 28.
This window will automatically close in 30 seconds

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:10 pm
kpfriedberg offline

nlagaros wrote:
Oh.. and to find out what version of Perl you are running, open a terminal and type: perl -v.

This is perl 5, version 12, subversion 3 (v5.12.3) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
(with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

Copyright 1987-2010, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:42 pm
nlagaros offline

Try what I did in the post before my last -- copying the directory based on your version of perl. Think we both have the same issue.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:45 pm
berkinet offline

The change I made in the iHealth bundle was to add libraries designated for 5.12.3. So, the app should have found them. I;'ll look into this a bit further. I suspect something may have changed in the way Perl searches its path for modules.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm
kpfriedberg offline

berkinet wrote:
The change I made in the iHealth bundle was to add libraries designated for 5.12.3. So, the app should have found them. I;'ll look into this a bit further. I suspect something may have changed in the way Perl searches its path for modules.

Ok. Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm
berkinet offline

I think I may have resolved the problem. I looked more carefully at the original error messages and realized Perl was looking for 5.12, not 5.12.3 in the search path inside the iHealth bundle. Try the new version I just posted to dropbox.

I can't easily test it here since I have the libs installed on my system, but I think this may resolve the problem. If not, send me the error messages.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 pm
kpfriedberg offline

berkinet wrote:
I think I may have resolved the problem. I looked more carefully at the original error messages and realized Perl was looking for 5.12, not 5.12.3 in the search path inside the iHealth bundle. Try the new version I just posted to dropbox.

I can't easily test it here since I have the libs installed on my system, but I think this may resolve the problem. If not, send me the error messages.

First, thank you for the help, second, sorry, no dice....

Last login: Mon Dec 19 20:08:22 on ttys002
Basement-iMac:~ Karen$ sleep 1;cd '/Users/Karen/Desktop/iHealth.app/Contents/Resources/';clear ; ./insteon_health.pl -d"/Users/Karen/Desktop/iHealth-Devices.txt" -i 10 -m cu.usbserial-A6008aeY -o "/var/tmp/iHealth-Report.html";echo This window will automatically close in 30 seconds;sleep 30;exit

Can't locate loadable object for module Device::SerialPort in @INC (@INC contains: ./CPAN/arch ./CPAN /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.3 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at ./insteon_health.pl line 28

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 pm
berkinet offline

:?: Ok, if you've got the patience, I have one more thought... try the dropbox url again.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:26 pm
kpfriedberg offline

berkinet wrote:
:?: Ok, if you've got the patience, I have one more thought... try the dropbox url again.

i have lots of patience. you are helping me! but no dice.

Last login: Mon Dec 19 21:23:24 on ttys000
Basement-iMac:~ Karen$ sleep 1;cd '/Users/Karen/Downloads/iHealth.app/Contents/Resources/';clear ; ./insteon_health.pl -d"/Users/Karen/Desktop/iHealth-Devices.txt" -i 10 -m cu.usbserial-A6008aeY -o "/var/tmp/iHealth-Report.html";echo This window will automatically close in 30 seconds;sleep 30;exit

logout

[Process completed]

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 pm
berkinet offline

Ok, I tried one more change. Let me know

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:49 pm
kpfriedberg offline

berkinet wrote:
Ok, I tried one more change. Let me know

same error. could it be me? I'm redownloading and running, nothing more.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 pm
berkinet offline

Yes, this one is odd. Ok, reload, restart, re-think... :wink:

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:32 pm
kpfriedberg offline

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:10 pm
berkinet offline

I have made one more change to be sure the Perl 5.12 lib for Device::SerialPort was up to date. Give this a try when you have time:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50307533/iHealth.zip

Page 7 of 15 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15