Problems w/ Roomie Remote Sending XML requests to Indigo

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:52 pm
jbinder offline

Problems w/ Roomie Remote Sending XML requests to Indigo

I am using Roomie Remote 8.33 and Indigo 2022.2.2. Recently, maybe after Indigo 2022.1 I started getting this error everytime I try to turn on/off a light in Roomie Remote:

Web Server Warning HTTP 410 error for request /devices/Saving%20Grace%20Mantel%20Lights.xml from 10.1.10.139

I have been able to control the lights for years using the Indigo device in Roomie. I don't know if this a problem with Indigo or Roomie. I am able to work around the issue by using the lights via Synchronize Homekit. I would much rather use Indigo/PLM rather than the Insteon Hub to control the lights. Any ideas or insight would be much appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Problems w/ Roomie Remote Sending XML requests to Indigo

Indigo 2022.2, we replaced the web server and introduced new APIs. The old REST API that Roomie uses is no longer supported. I suspect that Roomie can communicate via direct HTTP requests using our new HTTP API (though that's just speculation on my part).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:35 am
jbinder offline

Jay - Thanks for the quick reply. Makes since now. I have forwarded your answer to Roomie.

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:01 pm
jbinder offline

Here is Roomie answer:
OK. Well then it is now an unsupported product since that has no relation to any of the Indigo stuff we have today.

I would recommend either (1) downgrading to a version without the changes you mentioned, or (2) use the Custom Devices support to send commands based on the API at the link you sent. If the number of commands you need is small, that's probably very simple.

Revving our support to the totally new API is equivalent to adding a new product, and doing this type of product is much more involved than most, so we'd have to get a sense there were sufficient users interested.

Could you show me or direct me to an example of the current command line structure so I can build some Custom Devices?

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jbinder wrote:
Could you show me or direct me to an example of the current command line structure so I can build some Custom Devices?

It's hard to tell based on your post, but if that question is directed to me then the link I provided above has a bunch of examples.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 pm
jbinder offline

I can get this to work from a browser:
https://-home.indigodomo.net/v2/api/ind ... api-key=My api key
What is the structure to turn a light on/off
https://-home.indigodomo.net/v2/command ... Brightness 100?api-key=My api key

Please show me the correct syntax.

Posted on
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:30 pm
DaveL17 offline

The reason the first link works is because it's an HTTP GET. The reason the second link doesn't work is because it's an HTTP POST. You can't POST from a simple URL.

In order to test API command messages (HTTP POST messages), you need to either use a CURL command in Terminal, or alternatively something that allows you to construct a valid POST message like Python. For simplicity, Terminal is probably the easiest.

Code: Select all
curl -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR-API-KEY" -d '{"message":"indigo.device.turnOn","objectId":123456789}' http://127.0.0.1:8176/v2/api/command

curl -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR-API-KEY" -d '{"message":"indigo.device.turnOff","objectId":123456789}' http://127.0.0.1:8176/v2/api/command
There are a ton of examples on this wiki page.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1