Working LP Tank Level monitoring solution for Indigo

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:55 am
six50joe offline

Working LP Tank Level monitoring solution for Indigo

For those of you who have been looking for a way to have Indigo report your LP tank's levels and trigger alerts on it, please have a look at the solution I implemented, which has served me well for a year now.

http://www.indigodomo.com/library/367/

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:49 pm
toille27 offline

Re: Working LP Tank Level monitoring solution for Indigo

I would have never thought of connecting my propane tank to Indigo, interesting stuff, thanks for posting. I am curious, I notice the R3D says "Do not use for filling" on the dial face, any issues with the propane delivery company? Mine are sticklers about any code related stuff, won't let me store wood nearby and made me relocate tank 10 feet from AC disconnects, etc. They look for stuff every time they fill up. I don't have a R3D gauge. I've never explored the propane gauge but it looks like they just screw into a well on the tank and are secured with two screws? I see R3D gauge size is based on vertical or horizontal tank.

Posted on
Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:13 am
six50joe offline

Re: Working LP Tank Level monitoring solution for Indigo

After my local propane company was bought by Suburban 2 years ago, I swtiched to a new regional company with a good reputation. While they were installing their tanks, which were identical to Suburbans', but with a different logo, I remember them being much more thorough than any of my previous providers. Everything done by the book. They even inspected my entire garage and had me install extra grounding wires on the propane line inside before they would do any refills. I made the serviceman aware ahead of time of my plans to install my own monitoring application, and how I was going to do it. Didn't have any problem with it; he was already familiar with the Hall Effect Module, even showed me one that was attached to a cellular transmission device he happened to have in his truck.

I've had three or four refillings (all while I was away) since putting the Indigo application in place, haven't heard from them about any problems.

Page 1 of 1