One to keep an eye on .... InAir

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 am
Vangelis offline

One to keep an eye on .... InAir

I have been looking for a system that allows for HDMI text overlay (without the need for an additional PC (XMBC) etc), from Indigo to my TV for some time, and came across the following....

https://www.inair.tv/

The website pitch mentions "Future updates will offer a notification system to offer alerts for whatever you want."

The plan would be to integrate Indigo, so as notifications / CCTV images could be sent via WiFi to my HDMI TV (whilst I was watching), and overlayed on the screen. The system does look a 'little Big Brother' with it's content inspection, however it's one of the cheapest systems I have seen to break into the cryptic world of HDMI ;)

Vangelis

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 am
durosity offline

Re: One to keep an eye on .... InAir

Clever idea... i've seen similar systems before for older analogue systems but never for HDMI. Could be a handy way of not forgetting you left a Pie in the oven while engrossed in a film :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 am
Vangelis offline

Yes seen loads for old SCART / VGA systems, but this is the first cost effective one for HDMI (something to do with emulating the HDMI encryption system keeps the price high).

Now that PiP TV's seem few and far between (opting for more SMART systems), it looked a neat idea (if they open up the API or allow unfettered access)

As for the Pie - My Nest Protect does a better job, however, it's usually terminal for the dinner if that starts talking to me :roll:

Vangelis

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:54 pm
durosity offline

Indeed I hadn't even thought of embedding video in it, but that'd be awesome if it can!

Now all I need is an oven I can integrate with Indigo. Hear that Matt? top priority for Indigo 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1