Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:39 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

I'm brainstorming here, just thinking out loud, but that long list of doors and window statuses makes me wonder: is there a way to manage this in a way that only shows the ones that you want to know about?

So, for example, if each device changed a variable to "OPEN" or "" and then you put the variable on the page so you only see the things that are worth attention. Maybe compiled in an array with Python so all the OK ones are dropped out of the reporting. Make sense?

Alternately, do it as a drill down, where you tap a "Some windows are open" button to find which are.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Might also consider doing thermometers for you temps versus just text. Using the Dynamic Button plugin makes it pretty simple - vs. having to have a different image for each temp. I can explain how if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 pm
howartp offline

Different Computers wrote:
I'm brainstorming here, just thinking out loud, but that long list of doors and window statuses makes me wonder: is there a way to manage this in a way that only shows the ones that you want to know about?

I was wondering about that last week following the other pics another user put up.

Python could certainly do it, but also it would be an idea to be plugin'd for other users if someone went ahead with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Stuart, thanks - you're right about the corner thing - I specified 5% for each box but it was a 5% ratio - so different size boxes ended up with different amounts of curve - I have gone back and corrected it. I still need to tweak the sections a bit so everything lines up - I need to figure out how to snap to the guide lines but I can just zoom in and do it the hard way also. Agree on the warning sign and video feed but I'm going to get this one page fielded first, as a single "do all" page. Then figure out how best to divide it all up. This will be by the front door so I don't need controls for music so not 100% sure I need more than one page at that location - I want to try it out first. I do think I'm going to tone down the warning sigh a bit since it really jumps out too much (and round the corners). I don't think I can round the corners of the video box since that is fixed by the URL dimension box within Indigo. Good idea on the drop shadows for the boxes - I need to add that. I can make the other Alarm panel bits pretty easy, it is just a circle with a fat outer line and a text box - I made that one so I just need to retype the words and spin the color wheel. Thanks for the great feedback and inspiration - I'll keep posting as I have time to fix / improve it.

bkmar1192 - yes, if you think it would fit I’d like to try that - thanks for the offer….

Different Computers - I’m not a programmer so the python thing would be too hard for me but it sounds like a good idea - the purpose of the warning box might work as it changes from all secure to warning if any doors or windows are open or if a door is unlocked. I was able to do that with the organic capabilities within Indigo. I could just keep a small waring sign on the page and make it a button to show more details - I might try that after I field this phase one page and get the IPAD mounted on the wall - it does take up a lot of room the way it is now. Thanks!

Now I just need some nice person to help me figure out how to get the current time into a variable for the clock, thanks to all again, I could not do half of this stuff w/o the folks here that are willing to take time to help others :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:00 am
stuartcolman offline

You can round the corners of the video feed. Just create a "window" with corners the same colour as your background, then set this on a higher layer than your video feed.

My "Tripped" image is attached, may give you some inspiration.

Regarding the time into a variable. Mine is just a schedule which just "Insert Timestamp into Variable" then set the format to be %H:%M. This runs ever minute.

Thanks

Stuart
Attachments
alarm+tripped.png
alarm+tripped.png (10.68 KiB) Viewed 10344 times

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:16 am
norcoscia offline

Good idea - need to figure out the layer thing in Indigo - I have not used that yet - I just added the clock - thanks, that was super easy - button is way cool!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:32 am
norcoscia offline

Updates from inputs + implemented strips on house sign - thanks for the idea Stuart!
Attachments
Control Panel Draft.jpg
Control Panel Draft.jpg (265.16 KiB) Viewed 10364 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 am
stuartcolman offline

That looks really good now. Spot on!!

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:40 am
norcoscia offline

Finished this up enough to get it mounted on the wall - found an OK wall mount for about 20 bucks. Working great so far - special thanks to Dave17 and Stuart for all the help!
Attachments
CP.jpg
CP.jpg (306.35 KiB) Viewed 10162 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:00 am
DaveL17 offline

That looks fabulous. Nice job! I think the only thing I might suggest is to center your outdoor temperature value (from the picture, it looks like it's right justified).

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:08 am
norcoscia offline

Yes, I did originally have a digit after the decimal point- I plan to add in an F after the temp so that should help center it. Do you happen to know if it is possible to have alert info up on the screen but invisible until the alert flag becomes true. I'd like to have it on screen if important but don't want to look at it or loose any screen real-estate if no important info is being sent?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 am
Dewster35 offline

Really nice! Would you mind shearing the images for your control page?

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 am
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
Yes, I did originally have a digit after the decimal point- I plan to add in an F after the temp so that should help center it. Do you happen to know if it is possible to have alert info up on the screen but invisible until the alert flag becomes true. I'd like to have it on screen if important but don't want to look at it or loose any screen real-estate if no important info is being sent?

Yes!

Just make your foo+.png image transparent and foo+alert.png be the image you want to see.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am
noel1983 offline

Would you be happy to share the mount you've used too please? Looks great

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 am
norcoscia offline

Sure, noel1983, see below

http://amzn.to/2eS7839

Dave can you tell me what a foo is

Dewster35 - what format is best for you - native is Affinity Designer so unlimited scale - I convert to PNG once I decide how big to make the image on the control page. Which ones do you want?

_______
Norm