Unifi Protect display on Control Page

Posted on
Fri May 01, 2020 1:24 pm
petematheson offline

Unifi Protect display on Control Page

Hi Guys,

Had a search around and can see a few mentions back in early 2019 about Unifi Protect.

I've just switched over my system to the Unifi UDM-Pro which includes the Protect software, so thought I'd give it a go (I've used it at my work office with around 10 cameras and it works great there).

I can see it has the ability to pull an RTSP feed, and mentions that RTPS feeds may be possibly in the next beta of indigo (That was back in Jan 2019) soooooo any chance that's possible in 2020? :)

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 am
petematheson offline

Re: Unifi Protect display on Control Page

For anyone else looking at this - there is no way directly.
I've had to add the cameras back into SecuritySpy via the RTSP feeds from Protect. Then I can now display these as I did before on my control pages.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:56 am
durosity offline

petematheson wrote:
For anyone else looking at this - there is no way directly.
I've had to add the cameras back into SecuritySpy via the RTSP feeds from Protect. Then I can now display these as I did before on my control pages.

So nice to see a follow up post on this kinda thing, even if it's not the answer you want! I'm guessing you never found a way to get this to work without SS?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 am
petematheson offline

Nope, and even more annoyingly - the latest FW update to Protect (via the UDM Pro) has even broken the workaround.
It's been fixed in the next version, but that's yet to make its way to the UDM Pro version of Protect...

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:43 am
Korey offline

petematheson wrote:
Nope, and even more annoyingly - the latest FW update to Protect (via the UDM Pro) has even broken the workaround.
It's been fixed in the next version, but that's yet to make its way to the UDM Pro version of Protect...

Protect version 1.16.7, bundled with UPDM 1.8.3-4 has resolved the issue, this is exactly how I view my protect cameras in indigo control pages.

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:23 am
petematheson offline

Korey wrote:
petematheson wrote:

Protect version 1.16.7, bundled with UPDM 1.8.3-4 has resolved the issue, this is exactly how I view my protect cameras in indigo control pages.

How does one get this FW? The link takes me to a dead page - even when logged in. Guess I'm not in their beta program or something!?
Running a FW Update check on the UDM Pro says no update available and their main site also shows 1.8.0 as the latest available.

Posted on
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:18 pm
Korey offline

Go to your Unifi Account page. and opt into the early access program:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 10.17.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 10.17.49 AM.png (217.01 KiB) Viewed 2502 times

--
Korey

Page 1 of 1