RCS thermostat attachment is now available

Posted on
Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Embedded Support for RCS Thermostats?

Anonymous wrote:
Is there any chance of embedded support of the RCS Thermostats in Indigo?

There is a good chance that something like this will be in Indigo 2.0.

Matt

Posted on
Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:04 pm
sparker offline

Anonymous wrote:
Is there any chance of embedded support of the RCS Thermostats in Indigo? The current method, while it would seem to work, is rather convoluted and not very simple to set up or use.

A HVAC control panel window with temp settings, fan and mode control, and a query button to get the current settings would be nice.

I second this request..... Any plans, Matt???

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Posted on
Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For Indigo 1.x we will have to settle for the RCS attachment script. But hopefully we'll see more native integration of HVAC hardware in a future version of Indigo.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

new RCS thermo web script available

We now have a thermostat ACGI script that allows web access to multiple RCS thermostats. See the web interface page for the download link (the script is included in the main Indigo ACGI Script download).

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:12 pm
The Edge offline

TXB-16, Internet Control of Indigo, and Version 2.0

I've dug through the three forums on use of Indigo with the TXB-16 thermostat (http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... .php?t=148). My main reason for investigating Indigo and X-10 is heating system control (still investigating). I notice that in the discussions the possibility of thermostat control of the TXB-16 and similar thermostats may be built in to version 2.0. Any idea whether that will actually happen? Also, any idea of when 2.0 will be out? I notice most of the threads date from 2003 and 2004 and it's almost 2006! Also, any word on whether easier control of the sotware via the internet will be included in 2.0? Very interested in being able to make adjustments while I'm at work using the Internet, but I'm holding off moving into this arena until it's fairly simple to do. There was a time when I didn't mind spending a ton of time tinkering, but I don't have that much time any more.

Indigo looks like a great product though, so hopefully it will incorporate those features and soon.

Joe

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: TXB-16, Internet Control of Indigo, and Version 2.0

I'm not positive native thermostat UI will make it into 2.0. I'd like for it to be there, but there are still too many must-haves on the 2.0 feature list... No firm date on when 2.0 will ship. Still some biggish features that must be completed first. I'll likely do a public beta to get user feedback before the final release.

Coming sooner though, is a beta of Indigo 1.8 which will add INSTEON support for SwitchLinc V2s, LampLinc V2s, ApplianceLinc V2s, KeypadLincs V2s, ControLinc V2, and the PowerLinc V2.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:56 pm
devros offline

beta testing for RCS

Sign me up!

-dev

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:14 am
gregjsmith offline

Re: Fan mode on RCS thermostats

Anonymous wrote:
Fan mode is never "off." It has two states:
"Auto" is the usual mode - the fan runs as needed when cooling or heating is active.
"On" means the fan is running continuously, regardless of whether cooling is active at that time.

Back to this issue. Is there a way to tell when the fan is running? I have 2 reasons I want to get this infromation:

I'm integrating a humidifier into my system and need to be able to run it only when the fan is on.
    I'd like to count the number of minutes that the fan runs so I know how long my filter has been in the system, with the idea that Indigo will alert me when it needs replaced.