Temporally change reporting intervals parameters for devices

Posted on
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:12 pm
Eagleye offline

In my living room, I have a multi sensor in the ceiling, power switch connected to my TV & a devices controlling lighting.

I want to create a trigger event, that triggers when the light level within the room drops to a predetermine level, which then turns on the lights, but only if the wattage for the TV power switch is high (TV is on).

I would like to change the reporting interval parameter for the Multi-sensor to every 5mins. whilst the TV is on (high wattage readings) & then return to every 30mins when the TV is turned off (Low wattage reading). This will provide greater response time, but only when needed.

This will help me to minimise the volume of data being transmitted in Indigo and in turn maintain a more stable system.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted on
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 am
kw123 offline

A message every 5 minutes is peanuts for indigo. Going to 30 minutes would likely not be noticeable

I guess depending on circumstance you might have a problem at 10 messages per second.

So if you have a message every 5 minutes = 300 secs you would need >1000 devices to run into issues.

That is likely not true when your zwave messages have lots of errors and need to retransmit.

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1