How to change the state of a device to on or off

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:31 am
VincentS offline

How to change the state of a device to on or off

Is there a simple script that I could use in an action group to change the state of a switch (without a feedback).

Thing is I use a Hue light which a can be controlled via a Kaku wall switch. But if I want to use an action group to turn the lights on the switch state stays off.

Therefore I want to ad a script to set that switch state on as well..

Kind regards
Vincent

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to change the state of a device to on or off

VincentS wrote:
But if I want to use an action group to turn the lights on the switch state stays off.

How exactly are you turning the lights on in the Action Group?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:33 pm
VincentS offline

Hi Jay

I'm using the Hue plugin. The thing is that I want to set the device state of the Kaku switch as well so for example. If I go to bed now my "sleep action" turns all the lights of in the house and sets the hue lights on my bedroom on. I have a Kaku (RFXcom) switch on my bed to send a command on or off. But.. sins the status in Indigo of the KaKu switch is already off I cannot turn off the lights before I turn them on first.. (Trigger)

What I actually want is to change the status of the Kaku switch via Indigo. It is a momentary so it's just a software thing sins Kaku is not that intelligent..

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, yeah, the issue is the Kaku switch. Not sure there's anything you can do about that other than put a real switch in it's place (that maintains state, that reports status changes to Indigo, etc). I'm not familiar with Kaku so I don't know if it's a 1 or 2 way protocol or even how it works.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1