Posted on
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm
McJohn offline

Re: Recovery after power failure

Posted on
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:06 pm
Dual offline

I let my MAC die when the power goes out. I then have it set to auto restart after a power failure. Works fine. I have it plugged into a TP-Link Wi-Fi switch so if the Mac freezes up I can restart it remotely by power cycling it. I have my modem and router plugged into Z-Wave switches and Indigo will restart them if it senses a loss of internet via the Online Sensor plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:51 am
McJohn offline

Dual wrote:
I let my MAC die when the power goes out. I then have it set to auto restart after a power failure. Works fine.

And you have never had a problem with the harddisk/SSD or the Indigo database after a spontaneous power failure?
Because in this way, the Mac is not properly shut down and that's not a healthy way for the data I guess.

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 am
Dual offline

McJohn wrote:
Dual wrote:
I let my MAC die when the power goes out. I then have it set to auto restart after a power failure. Works fine.

And you have never had a problem with the harddisk/SSD or the Indigo database after a spontaneous power failure?
Because in this way, the Mac is not properly shut down and that's not a healthy way for the data I guess.
Not so far. I have tested it using the TP-Link switch to kill power and bring power back online. I believe the HD should be fine since power failures are a common enough occurrence for HDs to be engineered to survive them. I am not sure how often the Indigo DB is being modified. The log is of course being modified frequently.

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:24 am
kw123 offline

The issue can be the sql dB especially SQLite. That’s a simple file. Any error and you can lose the whole dB.