WANTED: Indigo programming for $$

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:49 pm
petervon offline

WANTED: Indigo programming for $$

Anyone who has experience in creating scripts etc. to link INGIDO to a MATE3 Controller for power Inverters (from OUTBACKPOWER.com) to control SOLAR power generation and allowing me to link to my INDIGO. As an example allow some of my A/C units to start i.e. when the solar battery level has been constantly (lets say for 30 minutes) over 52 V. Of course this needs to go the other way around as well (if the battery level is under 50 V) then INDIGO needs to shut down these A/C's to preserve power for the night. Eventually it could work over a TED 5000 system as well? Could anyone perhaps assist in setting up such a relation and do the programing? Kindly contact me!

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 am
freshwuzhere offline

Re: WANTED: Indigo programming for $$

Hi Petervon,

The USB part of the coms would probably not be too challenging - but which AC hardware do you have and how do you control that? I have found this expensive and challenging.

Ian

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:36 am
petervon offline

freshwuzhere wrote:
Hi Petervon,

The USB part of the coms would probably not be too challenging - but which AC hardware do you have and how do you control that? I have found this expensive and challenging.

Ian

Thanks Ian, The problem with the A/C remote control has already been solved as I can control them via INDIGO by H/D relays. The problem will be the link via ethernet to the Outback Inverter (MATE3 controller) which need to feed the data continuously to INDIGO. You thing you can create such a link?

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am
freshwuzhere offline

Hi Petervon,

I looked here https://github.com/instanttim/monitormate and found python code that appears to do what you want. It isn't in a plugin frame work but it looks like most of the hard work has been done to stream and interpret the data.

From this starting point (I am making the BIG assumption this code is doing what you want done on the mate3 side) the plugin to place this data into indigo device states that can be used by indigo would be possible I am pretty sure.

Not sure my skill levels are up to commercial levels for this nor that I'd have time to do anything in the near future but I'm happy to help you where I can - it won't be before January tho.

The big challenge is debugging without a Mate3 unit present (this I think would make it nearly impossible) - the good news I am installing a solar and standby generator unit at my house early next year and every chance it will be a Mate 3 controller!

Ian

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm
petervon offline

freshwuzhere wrote:
Hi Petervon,

I looked here https://github.com/instanttim/monitormate and found python code that appears to do what you want. It isn't in a plugin frame work but it looks like most of the hard work has been done to stream and interpret the data.

From this starting point (I am making the BIG assumption this code is doing what you want done on the mate3 side) the plugin to place this data into indigo device states that can be used by indigo would be possible I am pretty sure.

Not sure my skill levels are up to commercial levels for this nor that I'd have time to do anything in the near future but I'm happy to help you where I can - it won't be before January tho.

The big challenge is debugging without a Mate3 unit present (this I think would make it nearly impossible) - the good news I am installing a solar and standby generator unit at my house early next year and every chance it will be a Mate 3 controller!

Ian

Thanks Ian,

It seems we are already on the way with the data stream from the MATE3 it is only a matter of putting the data in the correct location to be digested by INDIGO. However it would be most interesting how you will link your system with your new MATE 3 - which by the way is a very good inverter system. Please keep me informed when you get going with your solar installation. Just to put it perspective I have about 120 panels 0f 125 W each with two 8 Kw Inverters plus 80 batteries with 24,000 Amps.and 3 80 A chargers, to be totally off the grid. Keep in mind, I live in the Bahamas with plenty of sun but a power charges of $.41 per KwH. Please contact me at : petervon2@mac.com once you get going - perhaps you want to use the same setup.

Thanks Peter

Page 1 of 1