Looking for a sensor that looks for current (AC)

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:33 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Looking for a sensor that looks for current (AC)

Instead of looking for a current could you instead look for a lack of current? If you used an inline module (Instead InlineLinc or Z-wave inline module) you could use a plugin like Device Extensions to report on how many minutes since it was last updated and give you a notification if it surpasses a predetermined number of minutes.

The 220v is a tricky option but I know there is an Elk 220v module that you can get that is inline.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Without knowing how all the parts interoperate and the nuances of each, I would think that if you put, say, an InlineLinc onto the pump output and know that the pump should run at least every X minutes/hours/etc then it would be simple enough to alert when there was no response after that much time.

You could also get a water sensor, as you had mentioned, and instead of relying on it being "poo proof" you could just break it open and solder onto the sensors (generally 3 metal feet) and run wires down to the area you are interested in.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Colly offline

How about using something like the Fibaro Double Switch 2? For each led you would link the Phase (assuming they are also 230 V) to the S1 & S2 and then trigger on the state or combination of states of S1/S2. In theory this should work however someone else may have experience to suggest it won't..

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Colly offline

I agree with not making HA responsible. My suggestion is to only use the led voltage to switch S1 & S2, there would be no load attached to the Fibaro. It sounds like you have other reasons not to go z-wave anyhow.
Another way to avoid having the z-wave module in that environment would be to run a cable from the control panel to a more friendly environment and place the module there.

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:34 pm
Colly offline

lanbrown wrote:
if it fails, then it fails but the device still runs.

Exactly, don't over complicate it if there's no need!
lanbrown wrote:
So using the input side of things only does make sense.

It might seem like a waste of a module however I wouldn't mind that once it does what you want.

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:00 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, the ZW140 was added to v7.1.0. We are a bit behind on updating our online device compatibility database.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:25 am
jblackburn offline

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 am
agame offline

the Global Cache Flex also supports voltage sensing, and works nicely with Indigo.

Page 1 of 1