Existing Python library for direct LAN control of Tuya/Atomi

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:43 pm
Different Computers offline

Existing Python library for direct LAN control of Tuya/Atomi

Atomi makes a ton of inexpensive devices that as far as I know, Indigo has no way to connect to.

But this exists:

https://github.com/jasonacox/tinytuya

"This python module controls and reads state of Tuya compatible WiFi Smart Devices (Plugs, Switches, Lights, Window Covers, etc.) using the local area network (LAN) or the cloud (TuyaCloud API). This is a compatible replacement for the pytuya PyPI module and currently supports Tuya Protocols 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.

Tuya devices are designed to communicate with the TuyaCloud but most also expose a local area network API. This allows us to directly control the devices without using the cloud. This python module provides a way to poll status and issue commands to these devices.

TinyTuya can also connect to the Tuya Cloud to poll status and issue commands to Tuya devices."
(emphasis added.)

I think my "poke the Python with a stick" level of skill is below what's needed, but I wonder if someone more skilled might be able to leverage this library into a plugin.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:17 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Existing Python library for direct LAN control of Tuya/A

Think you might be after:

viewforum.php?f=389

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Existing Python library for direct LAN control of Tuya/A

Am I wrong in thinking that existing tuya plugin requires cloud routing?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1