Huge thanks to FlyingDiver

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:45 pm
siclark offline

Huge thanks to FlyingDiver

Wasnt sure where to put this, but wanted to publicly say a huge thanks to Joe and the work he's done on the MQTT plugin.

More than any other plugin (of which I use many many and think they are all awesome) I think this has the opportunity to open Indigo up to a huge new range of devices and senors, in the form of Wifi devices reporting MQTT, like Shelley, and through an additional $10 USB stick (less than a quarter the cost of a zwave stick) to a huge range of zigbee devices that cant or dont work through the Hue bridge.

I'm excited to see what else there is left to automate in our homes! (How many internal temperature sensors is too many?)

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:54 pm
autolog offline

Re: Huge thanks to FlyingDiver

Yes, absolutely 100% agree - Joe has done a fantastic job with these plugins. Thanks Joe. :)

Joe's MQTT plugins and the trail blazing you have done, Simon, on zigbee2mqtt really does open up a potentially large number of new Zigbee devices to Indigo.

Exciting times. :D

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

+100. Thanks Joe!

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Thanks all!

I'm hoping that we've flushed out most of the edge cases that required changes in the Shims. You guys are doing so many weird devices. ;)

Right now I'm ruminating on how to make it easier to set up the devices and triggers needed. I had to design them the way I did to try to make them as flexible as possible. But the flexibility comes at the price of complexity in setup.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Many of you may not know that Joe is also our volunteer open-source repo manager. That is, when we want to add something to the Indigo open source repo, he does the work. When plugins in that repo have an issue, he is the first (and usually only) one to try to identify and solve the issue. He manages the releases from those projects into the Plugin Store. And, of course, he's always jumping in to help people on the forums regardless of what the context is.

Joe is definitely a rock star and we really appreciate all of his contributions in their various forms.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1