This bit sounds good....

Posted on
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 am
berkinet offline

Re: AtmosHome - HA Tablet

Vangelis wrote:
...One to keep an eye on.. Supports Zwave, Zigbee etc
http://atmoshome.tech...

Looks interesting. But, it also looks like it would compete with, rather than augment, Indigo.

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 am
Vangelis offline

Personally I am looking at this product with a mindset for it to complement Indigo, from a UI perspective. Indigo has by far a superior HA engine and functionally more advanced than this product. I have just always wanted to go down the Tablet Console route but do not have the capabilities to design the UI that I would be happy with.

Vangelis

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 am
RogueProeliator offline

That's actually the product that I have been looking at in terms of copying some ideas for the next set of control pages... I haven't ever been happy with the current iteration of my pages and it does look like a pretty UI.

Posted on
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 am
berkinet offline

Vangelis wrote:
Personally I am looking at this product with a mindset for it to complement Indigo, from a UI perspective. Indigo has by far a superior HA engine and functionally more advanced than this product. I have just always wanted to go down the Tablet Console route but do not have the capabilities to design the UI that I would be happy with....

I was not suggesting a question of loyalty... not an issue. What I was getting at is it looks like AtmosHome fits into the HA world in the same niche as Indigo. It provides a user interface and the logic to communicate with devices. "Many devices.
One interface."
As such, it is not likely you would be able to use their screen as a front-end for someone else's (like Indigo) HA server. It would be like using the Indigo client to talk to HomeSeer or HAB.

OTOH, My assessment could be all wrong and it might be possible for Indigo to use AtmosHome as an input/command device, perhaps via a plugin.

Page 1 of 1