Amazon Alexa preferred speaker

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:12 pm
siclark offline

Amazon Alexa preferred speaker

No idea how long this has been available but I don't go into the app much, isn't that the point with a voice system?!?

But, whereas I used to always have to say "on the kitchen Sonos" whenever I asked the echo in the kitchen for music, now I don't and it default plays on the sonos now rather than the echo.
It's the small things that make life better.

In case this saves someone else 4 words many times a day. Or having to repeatedly cancel music on the echo and restart on the sonos.

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:13 am
roussell offline

Re: Amazon Alexa preferred speaker

Where did you find that in the Alexa app? I just dug through the settings but couldn’t find it anywhere. That would be an awesome addition to my house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 am
roussell offline

Never mind, just found it! For others it’s in the Alexa app under each group you’ve already set up; fricking great addition, had no clue it was there! Thanks!

Terry

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 am
siclark offline

Sorry, glad you found it. Yes it's friggin awesome. Just made it so much more enjoyable to play music than arguing with her over what speaker she is playing music on!!

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:20 pm
mundmc offline

Hey- I have a bunch of linked rooms in one zone. How are you all stopping the music using Alexa once it starts? With the preferred speaker setup, I can only get it to stop in one room.

Page 1 of 1