Snap AV MoIP

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 pm
DaveL17 offline

Snap AV MoIP

On the face, this looks like it might be bloody brilliant:
https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/binary-moip

It has a very Unifi feel to the control interface.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Snap AV MoIP

I've investigated several of these types of systems -- I feel they would be far superior to my current HDMI-over-Cat6 setup that involves a couple of input selectors, a couple of HDMI-to-Cat6 converter/splitters and two receivers at each TV. Cost as always been my issue with them, though...

Posted on
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:42 am
DaveL17 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Cost as always been my issue with them, though...

No doubt. Second issue for me is that many of these systems (apparently this one included) require a dealer to purchase and install. I'm not slagging on the company at all--it's a legitimate business decision to not want to provide support to the public--I just don't like paying someone else to do something that I can do myself. Plus, it's so much fun!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:58 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
I've investigated several of these types of systems -- I feel they would be far superior to my current HDMI-over-Cat6 setup that involves a couple of input selectors, a couple of HDMI-to-Cat6 converter/splitters and two receivers at each TV. Cost as always been my issue with them, though...

I do the same. I use both HDMI adapters over Cat6 and Briteview wireless and neither ever worked all that great but they were acceptable for my needs. Now I have Apple TV 4's on every TV so I don't even use those that often anymore because I can Airplay everywhere.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I do the same. I use both HDMI adapters over Cat6 and Briteview wireless and neither ever worked all that great but they were acceptable for my needs. Now I have Apple TV 4's on every TV so I don't even use those that often anymore because I can Airplay everywhere.

Yeah, sounds like we have had the same experience -- the distribution is functional and gets the job done but does have its issues and a lot of moving parts. I've done similar to you - we stream or Chromecast directly connected most of the time, but do have a Chromecast and Roku on the distributed video for those locations that don't have a streaming device. It also works out for multiple TVs watching the same video without multiple streams going.

Posted on
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:07 pm
RogueProeliator offline

No doubt. Second issue for me is that many of these systems (apparently this one included) require a dealer to purchase and install.

There are a couple of similar products that I found that don't... but you do pay for them. I don't remember the exact cost now when I last priced, but it was in the thousands.

Page 1 of 1