Voice Controlled Mirrors, Faucets, Showers, and... Toilets?

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Voice Controlled Mirrors, Faucets, Showers, and... Toilets?

I'm not quite sure why one would need gesture control of a toilet, nor bluetooth speakers in their toilet, but hey to each his own. Also, voice controlled shower? I mean, how the heck big are the showers where you are not within "raise your hand" distance from the faucet? But hey, not judging...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/06 ... not-weird/

Adam

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Voice Controlled Mirrors, Faucets, Showers, and... Toile

A voice controlled shower would be an exercise in frustration. When I think of how many times Alexa cannot understand what I just said or didn't hear me at all over background noise or I have to scream at because she happens to be playing music.... yea, the sound of the shower being added to the mix would be a recipe for me to murder my innocent plumbing.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm
DaveL17 offline

Two things spring to mind:

1. the toilet is somehow going to wind up flushing while I'm in the shower
  2. durosity yelling, "eleven. Eleven! ELEVEN!"

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 am
RogueProeliator offline

the toilet is somehow going to wind up flushing while I'm in the shower

Or the sink faucet, or mirror, start responding to you while in the shower. To be fair, the mirror might be okay since it sounded like an Echo embedded with some adjustable lights.

durosity yelling, "eleven. Eleven! ELEVEN!"

So very true...

What could go wrong with a voice controlled shower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Krn-DH3tw

I had a few roommates in college that would likely have yelled out commands to the shower through the door the entire time you were in the shower. Or blared their own selection of music through the Bluetooth speakers while you were in the shower.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:25 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I have a bluetooth speaker in my shower which can also act as a full handsfree kit as well (I didn't read the manual because, you know, I'm a guy, so I didn't think about that being a possibility). Well, I was taking a shower and listening to my music and it started ringing. First it was SO loud because you have to crank to volume up to hear over the shower so I nearly got to see how my shower worked as a bidet :shock: - so I can say that I've had THAT kind of automation... Anyway, I was fumbling with the buttons to tell it to ignore the call and, oops, I answered the call. In the shower. It was a very Lyndon Johnson moment. I thought I had hung up but realizing my music had not resumed I realized within a few seconds that the person on the other end must be VERY confused or thinking we had a horrible connection. They said "hello? hello?" and I didn't answer them - and it took all of my willpower not to bust a gut laughing while I was trying to be quiet until they finally hung up.

It was pretty funny, especially since my speaker is linked to my iPad which is linked to my phone for calls which caused this whole strange occurrence. All that being said, I'm ok with not having more automation in my bathroom!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 am
durosity offline

ELEVUN! Ellleeeevun! Eleveeeeennnnn!

Actually I do like the idea of some of these items. Gesture controlled toiled flushes might sound a bit silly but a huge amount of nasty stuff is spread from people just touching toilet handles.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 am
RogueProeliator offline

Actually I do like the idea of some of these items. Gesture controlled toiled flushes might sound a bit silly but a huge amount of nasty stuff is spread from people just touching toilet handles.

Flush toilet. Wash hands. With soap. :-)

It was pretty funny, especially since my speaker is linked to my iPad which is linked to my phone for calls which caused this whole strange occurrence. All that being said, I'm ok with not having more automation in my bathroom!

That's awesome -- I don't know if I would have been able to stay quiet! LOL Man, if it would have been a telemarketer you could have just had a few minutes of fun trolling them in some manner or another.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
That's awesome -- I don't know if I would have been able to stay quiet! LOL Man, if it would have been a telemarketer you could have just had a few minutes of fun trolling them in some manner or another.

But then again it could have been my neighbor and then the next BBQ would have but just a little awkward! Considering she's the local gossip, yea, that could have been bad :shock:

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm
durosity offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Flush toilet. Wash hands. With soap. :-)

Actually if we washed hands then flushed the loo there’d be even less chance for transfer! But that’d involve everyone doing that and as I’m sure you know a lot of people don’t wash their hands! (I’m looking at you, Jay you filthy man!)

I hate it when I’m at work and I go to the loo and I see someone leave without washing up :/

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 pm
durosity offline

Hehe yeah. And this is exactly why diversity in the work place is important. A friend of mine works at a major call centre near me and they trialled a new voice recognition system they developed and it couldn’t understand her welsh accent when they started to roll it out for internal use.. turns out it just didn’t like welsh people at all.. if they’d made that live for all customers they’d have been in big trouble publicly.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 pm
durosity offline

lanbrown wrote:
Wow, has this topic hit the crapper. Its gone down the drain.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1