HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:53 pm
roussell offline

HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

I know several folks on here use and like the Homeseer z-wave switches, so I thought this might be of interest.

Homeseer announced some cool new wall switches today. They're like the existing paddle dimmers & switches, but with individually addressable RGB leds built in. These could be pretty cool for quick status alerts. I'm assuming Indigo support will follow shortly after the guys can get their hands on them, or the relevant docs.

From the HS Forum post announcement:

In "normal mode", LEDs can be set to your color preference and will reflect the status of each local load (on-off-dim level). Don't like blue? Change to White, Red, Green, Magenta, Cyan or Yellow. Want to 'jazz up' your routine? Change colors every day or just during holidays, birthdays and special events.

When a Z-Wave command is sent to control an individual LED, the switch will change to "status mode" and will glow or blink the color of your choice. Did you leave the garage door open after midnight? Have the 3rd LED blink red in the bedrooms. Did you forget to lock the side door? Have the 5th LED glow yellow. Did the smoke alarm go off downstairs? Have all the LEDs on all switches blink Magenta. Switches will stay in status mode until you send and 'off' command to reset them.

The new dimmer and switch begin shipping in January. The fan controller will ship in April.

HS-WD200-Modes-500.jpg
HS-WD200-Modes-500.jpg (47.22 KiB) Viewed 3240 times

Full press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/12/prweb15042437.htm

Dimmer product page: https://shop.homeseer.com/products/home ... 7694264332

Terry

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:06 pm
Korey offline

Re: HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Pretty cool!

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is really neat. I couldn't find the specifics on the commands/technique used to change the LED colors, but it will probably be pretty straightforward.

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:02 am
roussell offline

Mark posted some more information about the switches (info from several posts consolidated by me):

Functionally, these are very similar to the 100 series (which are still in production BTW). These are the differences:
    RGB LEDs are individually controllable
    Multi-tap operation now goes to 5-taps
    Bottom LED on dimmer may be set to turn on when load is off
    1 LED for switches, 7 for dimmers, 4 for fan controllers.

Pricing is not firm yet but will likely be $5 more MSRP.
Example of event to change LED
3rd-LED-blink-Red.jpg
3rd-LED-blink-Red.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 3166 times

I'm pretty happy with my Insteon switches, and it would be a significant investment to change, but once these are supported in Indigo, I may have to get a few to play with; they're pretty cool and I like the options.

Terry

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I do like the HS switches and these look like a nice iteration. I still like Insteon's direct links better than the hit-or-miss nature of Z-Wave associations but I also haven't been paying that close attention to those recently - if it's getting better then I may start replacing failed Insteon switches with these (I already have in a few places where I don't need direct links).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:42 am
7rdr7 offline

I see that these new HS-WS200+ devices are now available. Will the added capabilities (addressable LEDs, 3+ taps, etc) be supported in a coming Indigo release? I have a number of the HS-WS100+ devices and they are much better than other z-wave switches (stability, functionality, etc).

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, we'll eventually get them into a release, but we don't know when yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 pm
Professor Falken offline

These look really cool. I too am almost all Insteon, but I could see this pushing me into more z-wave.

In particular, I've been looking for a way to signal, at all doors in the house, whether the alarm is armed. Would be really cool to be able to have some red/green LED's right next to the door for that, using already available switch space.

Posted on
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just received one of the dimmers. Switching LED modes (normal, which is the normal mode where the LEDs represent the brightness, and custom, which allows you to control each LED independently), setting the color, turning them on/off, and even making them blink individually works nicely via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter menu item and like-named action. Here's all the parameters for the switch:

ss149.png
ss149.png (156.85 KiB) Viewed 2889 times

For those of you not familiar with bit masks (to set which LEDs are flashing), here's an easy cheat sheet:
    LED 1 (bottom) = 1
    LED 2 = 2
    LED 3 = 4
    LED 4 = 8
    LED 5 = 16
    LED 6 = 32
    LED 7 (top) = 64

When you want to set various LEDs to blink, you just add up the corresponding numbers and set parameter 31 to that value (note that param 30 must be set to something < 0 for them to blink - try 1 first and increase the number to slow the blinking - all LEDs blink at the same rate). So - if I want buttons 1, 3, 5, and 7 to blink, I would set parameter 31 to 85 (1+4+16+64). To stop all the blinking set it to 0. I don't have it installed in the wall yet, but in my test harness the LED colors are very clear, and the blinking does seem to catch the eye, so it may be a relatively effective notification method depending on location.

Indigo also recognizes that it's sending Z-Wave scene commands, but we will need to add a device definition to enable catching those natively in the UI (you can use the Z-Wave match raw packet if you like). In the meantime, you can use @howartp's excellent Z-Wave Scene Controller plugin to catch the double, triple, quad, and quint button taps (as well as hold and release) - button #1 is the top of the paddle (on), button #2 is the bottom of the paddle (off).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's pretty cool, I might have to do some upgrades once this switch is officially supported in Indigo natively.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.2.0 is now available for download and has Z-Wave support for the new HomeSeer 200 dimmer and relay switches, including the ability to control the individual LEDs. I have a few of these installed and the capability to modify the LED color and blinking is very handy. For example, I have one in my bedroom set up to show me, at a glance, if any doors/windows are open, garage door open, and alarm system arm/disarm state.

Page 1 of 1