17" Capacitive Touch Screen for $160

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am
Different Computers offline

17" Capacitive Touch Screen for $160

On special today at Monoprice. I had no idea capacitive displays could be so cheap. Mac compatible.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: 17" Capacitive Touch Screen for $160

When I go to that link, it is a resistive monitor... did I miss something?

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm
Different Computers offline

I believe if you read the description carefully, it says it is capacitive by default.

“Usable out of the box as a capacitive type touch screen, it can be operated as a resistive type touch screen by installing the included drivers.”

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Usable out of the box as a capacitive type touch screen, it can be operated as a resistive type touch screen by installing the included drivers

WTH... that makes no sense. Those are completely different technologies with different hardware, so what is a driver going to do, attempt to change the behavior artificially in software? That is kind of dumb if so since they are used for different purposes that software couldn't fix. I'd set the Item Description as capacitive not resistive if it is that by default.

Oh well, from a home use you would want capacitive anyway so wouldn't matter... definitely a good price if the quality is decent!

Page 1 of 1