Touch app on steroids - Anyone integrate "Viz" App?

Posted on
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm
spiv offline

Touch app on steroids - Anyone integrate "Viz" App?

Just discovered an amazing app for HomeKit called "Viz".

It lets you design your own custom UI for just like Indigo Touch.

It has pre-built widgets that are easy to use and good set of underlying basic UI types you can use too.

All with a modern drag and drop interface.

The really cool thing I haven't fully explored yet is that it can also control non-HomeKit devices using HTTP commands and parse JSON payloads.

Looks like should be able to tie into Indigo with that?

The app is reasonable price ($14.95) and the designer runs on both Macs and PC's.

Looks like a big German software shop is behind this - not a little Indie guy. App is very polished and very impressive - so far.

As always, YMMV, but I really like how I can include devices from multiple homes and build multi-page layouts that don't care about which device is in which home!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/viz-desig ... 1585806397

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to a more appropriate forum since this isn't about Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Touch app on steroids - Anyone integrate "Viz" App?

Looks like it has potential for sure. I took a quick look at the documentation and one thing I didn't see was whether the http request method supports authentication.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Don't forget that you can pass an api key as a GET argument on URLs, so it won't have to specifically support authentication.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:44 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks Jay -- I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. Just an observation about the other product. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:36 am
dz1rfj offline

All-

I am looking for advice on the topic of dashboards.

The past decade of swamping from Vera, to Vera Edge, and finally to indigo with Z-sticks for stability has been time a learning journey.

As my interest in tinkering winds down, I engaged SAVANT to eliminate my Wife's tv remote frustration, it was a very expensive engagement, but so elegant and it just works. Savant does not do zwave (well, ezlo , reluctantly, and I don't want that )

I do use apple phones, ipads etc, but my setup is ~ 40 % Lutron Casetta, 10% Lutron Ra2Select, and the rest Hue / Zwave. I do not purchase HOMEKIT devices for the sake of the Homkit label as I want to keep things on as few platforms as possible. I have a total of ~ 120 devices.

That said, I would like to have an elegant, room by room dashboard (like Savant) solution. Is this VIZ app truly viable to control my Indigo setup, and if so, how would Homekit discover all my Indigo devices to appear in the dashboard?

Given I am not a true coder, losing my interest to tinker and just want things to work, if the above is not a solution, I welcome others suggestions for designing a nice, clean interface that can control my Indigo eco system.
MQTT, and Mosiquitos, and Dockers, OH MY :?

The idea of moving from Indigo to Home Assistant,Homeseer, etc, or some other platform is not something I am sure I am up for. Now, if anyone is traveling near the Richmond VA area, and interested in a consulting engagement, lets talk :-)

Thanks
-Brian

Page 1 of 1