Black Friday deals

Posted on
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 am
noel1983 offline

Black Friday deals

Thought it only fair we have somewhere to share Black Friday deals and what’s tempting or tempted us to hit the buy button!

Vesternet got me today with a Zwave 8 button remotec wireless switch for £33

And despite not having done anything yet with the amazon fire 7 I bought with my voucher two weeks ago I’m very tempted for some more now they’re £29.99 as part of the amazon Black Friday deals! (Am on the hunt for a nice Qi charging table top stand to have it freestanding in the lounge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 pm
noel1983 offline

Re: Black Friday deals

Getting very tempted by the Google Home Hub but the lack of ability to integrate with Indigo is a killer.

As a device and price point it looks epic. Doesn't have a browser but can only hope that gets sorted at some stage.

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 am
siclark offline

noel1983 wrote:
(Am on the hunt for a nice Qi charging table top stand to have it freestanding in the lounge)

Have you seen the Show Mode Charging Dock? I tried using Qi ones but the stick on pads for the Fire tables were never in the right place, and it got too hot to then hold.

This looks like it wont get hot, as not wireless, but still gives benefit of not having to unplug to lift and use. However means having a case on it, and not sure if you can use without the Show mode?

plus its more expensive than the actual tablet!!

I am on the lookout for new cameras, looking at the Reolink 5MP bullets with audio at <£50, but not sure the saving is enough to get me to jump today when I am not 100% sure.

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 am
noel1983 offline

That’s pretty cool I’ll have a proper read of the reviews on the show mode dock thanks

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am
norcoscia offline

noel1983 wrote:
Thought it only fair we have somewhere to share Black Friday deals and what’s tempting or tempted us to hit the buy button!

Vesternet got me today with a Zwave 8 button remotec wireless switch for £33

And despite not having done anything yet with the amazon fire 7 I bought with my voucher two weeks ago I’m very tempted for some more now they’re £29.99 as part of the amazon Black Friday deals! (Am on the hunt for a nice Qi charging table top stand to have it freestanding in the lounge)

The fire tablets support Qi charging - that is news to me.....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 pm
noel1983 offline

Sorry yes I should have been clearer one of those is exactly what I plan to use.
Have them on my kindle and they work great

Aside from the perfect placement needed anyways!

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:41 am
noel1983 offline

Not a black friday specific offer but have just bought some Twinkly smart christmas lights. https://festive-lights.com/christmas-x/twinkly

Also was my first use of the 'honey' browser plugin that finds voucher codes and it saved me 15%!

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:39 pm
DaveL17 offline

Adafruit is offering a 15% discount site-wide with the code BLACKFRUIT.

https://www.adafruit.com

They ship worldwide, but probably only a good deal for U.S. folks.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 am
norcoscia offline

Best deal for an indigo display is the Black Friday deal on fire 8 with the new charging stand - posted here about it...

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=21677

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1