Touchscreen TV for Control Pages

Posted on
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Touchscreen TV for Control Pages

Man, would love to see if this sucker could run DomoPad and be a cool HA interface... sounds like it should since it has Android 4.4 and supposedly has Google Play Services on it now (so don't have to install like you do on the Fire tablets).

Touchjet Wave

Adam

Posted on
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:17 pm
durosity offline

Re: Touchscreen TV for Control Pages

That is pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:04 pm
whmoorejr offline

I like the touchscreen part of that device... my goal is a larger display (like a TV) but I won't have to touch.... indigo triggers will make the screen do what I want or verbal commands (siri / alexa) will make it do what I want. Like a normal home status screen that changes to front door camera when the doorbell rings.

For my experiment, I'm going to try an android PC. Under $40 on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Remix-Mini-2G-Android-PC/dp/B016OJS1XI/ . Supposedly showing up today sometime. If that works (boot into domo pad, etc.) I'll post a follow-up if it works or not.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:01 pm
whmoorejr offline

So... The Remix is out of the box and hooked up to a spare monitor. It will run domopad without issue. The only quirk... Remix does not allow 3rd party launchers. So don't select that option in domopad. Then the app won't run... all you get is a little pop-up that say's "no 3rd party launcher support". So I had to uninstall and re-install. Next will be to set up some triggers to push out control page changes to it and see how stable it is. If that all goes smooth... then I'll figure out how to integrate it or scrap the whole idea and use it as a kid toy.

It's also running airfoil for android without issue. Since it has an audio output jack, it's a cheep way to put airplay into a room also.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Page 1 of 1