iPhone & Android on One Device

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am
RogueProeliator offline

iPhone & Android on One Device

I don't know why, but this is somehow interesting to me... an iPhone w/ a dedicated HA controller on the back by running DomoPad in launcher mode? Would have to have a pattern or PIN login, though, I guess as I don't see mention of a biometric input.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eye-smartcase-case-that-runs-android-iphone?utm_source=feedly.com&utm_medium=kickbooster&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=c050aa#/

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:25 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: iPhone & Android on One Device

That looks kind of hefty, almost a nod to the old brick phones of the 80's (of which I used to have one). I like when phones get sleeker and slimmer, not sure I want to get into a bulkier and heavier phone that runs two OS's - but it's a clever idea nonetheless!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

That looks kind of hefty, almost a nod to the old brick phones of the 80's (of which I used to have one). I like when phones get sleeker and slimmer, not sure I want to get into a bulkier and heavier phone that runs two OS's - but it's a clever idea nonetheless!

Yeah, I doubt I would get one in practice - but it doesn't look much (or any) bulkier than some of the giant battery cases some people put on them. But this is an interesting concept and could be useful in some circumstances (e.g. avoid carrying two phones be it for business or personal reasons).

But the concept is interesting.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Jaw dropping amount of money raised for this, so I suppose there are folks who want to have it! Of course it's such a novel idea that it's had a ton of traction in tech media and that isn't hurting anything either.

The biggest problem I see is that they are not offering a $10,000 buy in option that flies me out to have a meal with the dev team, so I have to hard pass.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.05.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.05.38 PM.png (14.34 KiB) Viewed 1538 times

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 pm
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The biggest problem I see is that they are not offering a $10,000 buy in option that flies me out to have a meal with the dev team, so I have to hard pass.

My offer still stands. $10,000 for a meal with me and the opportunity to kick jay in the backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
My offer still stands. $10,000 for a meal with me and the opportunity to kick jay in the backside.

You offered haggis, I don't like most haggis. I've had one that was acceptable but not wonderful. I was already Apply Pay Cash'ing you the money until I got to that part. I sent the money to my Scottish clan's castle restoration project instead.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:23 pm
durosity offline

I actually quite like haggis. Once had a loooovely one at a restaurant near where I used to run a shop and it was divine! Unfortunately that restaurant isn’t there anymore :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1