Door lock that reports state

Posted on
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:18 am
peszko offline

Door lock that reports state

I'm thinking of adding door lock to my setup and am not sure which one would work best with Indigo. My preference is z-wave at this point. I'm looking for having a key backup and a code keypad (or even fingerprint) input. I would also like to know the state (locked or unlocked) and possibly how the lock was operated (z-wave, key or code). Does such a lock exists? Any suggestions on locks would be welcome.

Posted on
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:51 am
jalves offline

Re: Door lock that reports state

I have two Kwikset locks in my home (912 & 916 models) and they provide (with Indigo) all the things you mentioned. No troubles other that being a bit finicky when first including them.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:58 am
peszko offline

Has anybody used the Yale Assure locks? The good thing for me with those locks is that the local locksmith can change out the cylinders on those to use the Abloy Protect 2 cylinders matching they existing locks and keys. How well do they integrate with Indigo? (I was looking at YRD226ZW2619)

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:44 pm
RWBUMP offline

Just curious what did you do to get your Kwikset 912 to work with Indigo 7.2? I can get my Aeotec Stick gen 5 stick to pair, and I can add the device, but the statuses don't change, nor will it update state or operate the lock when commanded from Indigo. I also can't access the device in the Z-wave configuration parameters drop down list or manage associations. I have no problems with my August Smart lock. It worked right out of the box.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It sounds like it was included without encryption. If that is the case, you'll need to exclude it then re-include it using the encryption button option (in the device dialog).

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:13 pm
jalves offline

Have to agree with Matt above - once included with encryption all those features just work.

Jeff

Posted on
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:22 am
mswall offline

Yes - We have three of the Yale Assure locks in out house with the IM1 - IOS module. I use an AppleTV 4k as my hub and these locks, if installed correctly without any obstructions, work flawlessly. We are very pleased with them. I'm hoping for some kind of a backward-bridge so that I can access them in Indigo, but it's not a problem - I pretty much control everything using HomeKit/EVE on the iPad and iPhones with HomeKit Bridge running in Indigo. Those apps get everything accessible in one place.

Posted on
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 pm
jltnol offline

I've got 2 Schlage Z-wave locks and have been happy with both. They report their state to Indigo, and can tell you which code was used last to unlock them via the keypad. Including them was a bit tricky as I recall, but in the end was more operator error than anything.

Posted on
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 pm
akimball offline

Looking for the best new-fangled door lock for the front door. Our MiLock stripped it’s gear and I need to replace it. Would be nice if it came with status. Found this topic... but I thought asking the question again might reveal a new product. Looking to buy in the next couple weeks... wife wants nickel finish.... I want indigo integration.

-Al

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 am
FlyingDiver offline

akimball wrote:
Looking for the best new-fangled door lock for the front door. Our MiLock stripped it’s gear and I need to replace it. Would be nice if it came with status. Found this topic... but I thought asking the question again might reveal a new product. Looking to buy in the next couple weeks... wife wants nickel finish.... I want indigo integration.

I've got two of the Kwikset 910. Works just fine with Indigo and it's satin nickel finish.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UHQHMO/

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:12 am
jalves offline

I've got two Kwikset locks, a 912 and a 916, both of which report status. They are z-Wave and are also integrated into HomeKit using the great HomeKit Bridge plugin.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1