6 Button KeypadLinc Dimmer button configuration.

Posted on
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:16 pm
TobinMarch offline

6 Button KeypadLinc Dimmer button configuration.

I just installed a 6 button KeypadLinc Dimmer switch and added it to Indigo. Easy.

Button 1 and 6 turn on and off the overhead lights to 50% and off respectively. Works fine.

Button 3 turns on and off a floor lamp in the room. Works fine.

I want button 2 to turn the overhead lights to 100%. I dont know how to do this.

I want button 5 to turn on the overhead lights to 10%. I dont know how to do this.

I want button 4 to turn off all downstairs lights. I dont know how to do this.

Basically I dont know how to have a button on the same Keypadlinc control the load of the same device.

Posted on
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 6 Button KeypadLinc Dimmer button configuration.

You can't do it with Insteon links (Indigo can only link a single device to one button). You can, however, create Indigo triggers that watch for the other button presses with a Device State Changed trigger and then set the light accordingly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
TobinMarch offline

I was able to get this to work however it only works if button 3 & 5 are not setup at non-toggle (default) mode. This then has the LED on the button either on or off depending on it's state prior to pushing the button. This is not desirable and I would like to have the buttons act as if they were toggle mode.

In the when in non-toggle mode I can see that it is sending the ON command after each push. I setup the trigger to execute when the On command is received yet it does nothing. Manually executing the trigger has the desired effect.

Any advise?

Posted on
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

When a KeypadLinc button is in toggle mode, it sends ON or OFF depending on whether the LED is on or off. So you'd need 2 triggers, one each for ON and OFF.

If you want the button to always just do one thing, then set the button to non-toggle mode. Depending how you set it (either ON or OFF), then you'll always get the same command when the button is pressed and you only need a single trigger.

Does that answer your question? I'm not sure I'm quite following how you want it to work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1