New indigo compatibility list

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am
mat offline

New indigo compatibility list

Jay,

Thanks for the hard work, looks much easier to look up and use.

How about a whats new at the top of the plugin store....

Are you including equipment such as projectors that are compatible using Perry network plugin? If so, Optima projectors need adding, and I've finally got around to adding the Panasonic Viera TV plugin to the app store.

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New indigo compatibility list

mat wrote:
How about a whats new at the top of the plugin store....

Yep, that's on the list for when we revisit the Plugin Store UI.

mat wrote:
Are you including equipment such as projectors that are compatible using Perry network plugin? If so, Optima projectors need adding

That's a bit more tricky because it's not really just plug and play. If there were a dedicated plugin for the Optima then I would definitely add it. As it is, though, I think we'll hold off on adding those indirect (for lack of a better word) device integrations.

mat wrote:
I've finally got around to adding the Panasonic Viera TV plugin to the app store.

Yep, approved it earlier. I just added a forum post that describes what you need to get to us to add devices to your plugins.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:09 pm
Turribeach offline

This seems much better but there is something missing. Previously I could see all the devices for a specific manufacturer. This was handy when you "trust" a brand and want to see what other devices they make. Now it seems this is not possible as I am always forced to select a Category filter. Could you please add an option to set the Category filter to "All" (similar to the existing Manufacturer filter --- all --- option at the top). Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:15 pm
Turribeach offline

PS: Also I think the default view when land on this page should be Category filter = "All" Manufacturer filter = "All".

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Showing all devices won't work - there are too many of them and the page would take too long to load (and would be uselessly long).

The previous app didn't filter at all. You could sort by manufacturer within the Z-Wave list though. We are thinking about various alternatives to make manufacturer viewing better.

Also note that the manufacturer filter remains even though you change category - to stop it filtering you select "all". This should help when looking for a specific device from a specific manufacturer if the category/subcategory isn't clear enough.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 pm
Turribeach offline

Ummm ok there always going to be people wanting to search in different ways I guess. What about making a CSV or XLS download available? That will be fine for me as I can download the list and do whatever I want.

Page 1 of 1