ZME-WALLC-S battery operated wall switch quick battery drain

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 pm
superholz offline

ZME-WALLC-S battery operated wall switch quick battery drain

I have a few of the ZME-WALLC-S switches. These are low cost battery operated wall switches and I'm satisfied with those.

There is one issue - when one of the first batteries was empty and I replace it: the new battery drains quite quickly. I don't have exact data unfortunately but when I had a lifetime of the battery of almost a year it reduces to few weeks. I have a wakeup interval for once daily. That is not extreme ambicious I would say.

For one of the switches I had to completely remove it from the network because the battery drained within a few days and that becomes expensive over the months.

I thought that it occasionally happened that the switch got mechanically stuck, which may have caused it to continuously being not in sleep mode, but thats hard to check. For others I'm quite sure that this did not happen and still the battery life seems to shorten.

Anyone same experiences, explanations or suggestions?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ZME-WALLC-S battery operated wall switch quick battery d

Sounds like there might be a bug in the switches firmware. You might try to contact the manufacturer to see what they say. You could also try factory resetting the switch (per its manual; but is probably an exclude then re-include) after you change the battery. Maybe that will get it back into a good state? Be sure and re-sync it again in Indigo after you exclude/re-include it.

Page 1 of 1