Z-Wave (MiCasaVerde Vera) Plugin Released

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 am
HomeAutomationPlugins.com offline

Z-Wave (MiCasaVerde Vera) Plugin Released

Hi all,

Today we're excited to announce the availability of our MiCasaVerde Vera plugin, allowing you to integrate the world of Z-Wave products directly with Indigo.

What's the plugin for?
The plugin allows you to control Z-Wave dimmers, relays, security sensors etc via the MiCasaVerde Vera Z-Wave gateway directly with Indigo. Full details on our website at http://www.homeautomationplugins.com/vera

More Info on our forum - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8253

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:48 pm
thibowa offline

Re: Z-Wave (MiCasaVerde Vera) Plugin Released

Hello, I am excited to.

But after 230$, first launch first error :

find scenes but not devices and stop with error

a little help ?

22 avr. 2012 22:30:59
Enabling plugin "Vera 1.2.5"
Starting plugin "Vera 1.2.5" (pid 504)
Plugin "Vera" connected
Plugin "Vera 1.2.5" started

22 avr. 2012 22:34:15
Vera Auto creation started
Vera Vera scene 'Alarme Karotz' (#1) created as Indigo device 'Alarme Karotz'
Vera Vera scene 'Bonjour Karotz' (#9) created as Indigo device 'Bonjour Karotz'
Vera Vera scene 'Consommation Frigo' (#5) created as Indigo device 'Consommation Frigo'
Vera Vera scene 'Contrôle_Batteries' (#8) created as Indigo device 'Contrôle_Batteries'
Vera Vera scene 'Inondation' (#6) created as Indigo device 'Inondation'
Vera Vera scene 'Maison' (#7) created as Indigo device 'Maison'
Vera Vera scene 'Pachube Humidite' (#4) created as Indigo device 'Pachube Humidite'
Vera Vera scene 'Pachube Temperature' (#3) created as Indigo device 'Pachube Temperature'
Vera Vera scene 'Prowl' (#2) created as Indigo device 'Prowl'
Vera Vera device 'CurrentCost EnviR Temperature' (#30) created as Indigo device 'CurrentCost EnviR Temperature'
Vera Error Error in plugin execution MenuAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 327, in autoCreateVeraDevices
File "plugin.py", line 629, in retrieveAndParseStatus
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '20.5'

Vera Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 852, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '20.4'

Vera Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

Vera Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds

<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '20.4'

Last edited by thibowa on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi thibowa,

Sorry about the issue you're having with the plugin. I have emailed you a new version (1.2.6) that should resolve the issue.

It seems to be due to the way in which your temperature sensor was reporting the temperature value.

Kind regards,

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 pm
thibowa offline

Thank you

That's better, but

Vera device 'Prise + Mesure W' (#3) created as Indigo device 'Prise + Mesure W

is a "Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch" a relay + power meter and only create as a relay and no power. I can force it for a power meter but no more relay.

If I create a new device as a power meter, I receive
Auto creation started
Vera Vera scene 'Alarme Karotz' (#1) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Alarme Karotz'
Vera Vera scene 'Bonjour Karotz' (#9) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Bonjour Karotz'
Vera Vera scene 'Consommation Frigo' (#5) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Consommation Frigo'
Vera Vera scene 'Contrôle_Batteries' (#8) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Contrôle_Batteries'
Vera Vera scene 'Inondation' (#6) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Inondation'
Vera Vera scene 'Maison' (#7) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Maison'
Vera Vera scene 'Pachube Humidite' (#4) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Pachube Humidite'
Vera Vera scene 'Pachube Temperature' (#3) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Pachube Temperature'
Vera Vera scene 'Prowl' (#2) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Prowl'
Vera Vera device 'CurrentCost EnviR Temperature' (#30) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'CurrentCost EnviR Temperature'
Vera Vera device 'Détecteur eau ST812' (#24) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Détecteur eau ST812'
Vera Vera device 'Etat Alarme' (#15) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Etat Alarme'
Vera Vera device 'Prise + Mesure W' (#3) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Prise + Mesure W'
Vera Error Prise + Mesure W device type (PowerMeter) does not match that reported from Vera (Relay) for Vera ID #3

Vera Vera device 'Prise 1' (#12) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Prise 1'
Vera Vera device 'Prise 2' (#13) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Prise 2'
Vera Vera device 'Prise 3' (#14) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'Prise 3'
Vera Vera device 'ST814' (#21) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'ST814'
Vera Vera device 'ST814_Humidite' (#23) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'ST814_Humidite'
Vera Vera device 'ST814_Temperature' (#22) skipped as it's already mapped to Indigo device 'ST814_Temperature'
Vera Auto creation complete

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,

Glad to hear the issue with the temperature sensor is resolved!

Your diagnosis is correct - the plugin in forcing the Aeon Labs Smart Switch to be either a relay or a power meter. We will be able to change the plugin to cater for this scenario but, as we don't have that device on the test bench here, we will need the full debug output from Vera to update the plugin.

If you could please go in to the Plugin Configuration screen in Indigo and tick "Enable debug messages", then Reload the plugin. You will see in the Indigo event log the device description XML output as one of the first things shown when the plugin starts - if you could email that to support@homeautomationplugins.com we will look to issue a new version of the plugin that allows the Aeon Labs device ASAP.

Kind regards,

Posted on
Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am
veshman offline

I am successfully using the Plug-In with a Vera Lite and Indigo 5 to control my dimmers and switches. I still have to install a door lock and thermostat and will report my findings.

Having said that, I have two things that *don't* seem to be working:

1) I don't seem to be getting accurate status updates. I have Cooper brand switches throughout and polling them doesn't seem to give me an accurate update regarding the brightness level, on, or off.

2) 5 Button Scene controllers don't show up as devices in Indigo, but they do show up as devices in Vera.

Is this a limitation, or something that needs to be addressed in the plug-in.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Page 1 of 1