Looking for experienced Indigo/Insteon integrator

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 am
arobase offline

Looking for experienced Indigo/Insteon integrator

I am an Apple Consultant in Atlanta GA. I have been installing Insteon/Indigo for the last couple of years, mostly for businesses and restaurants, and a couple of houses. No real issues until now.
Couple of months ago I completed my biggest job to date. 160+ dimmers/switches, 7 thermostats, & 7 access points.
The client is having daily issues with both 2-way switches being out of sync (one is on, other is off - not consistent), thermostats not communicating accurately/consistently with indigo (this morning the master bedroom reported being off with the AC running), and scripts not running completely (mostly thermostats). I have tried all I know to do to resolve this including getting really good help on the forums.
I am looking for a more experienced integrator to either help me remotely or come onsite and assist with resolving these issues. Please let me know if you are interested by replying to this post and we can discuss offline.
Thank you in advance.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:21 pm
chrisla23 offline

Re: Looking for experienced Indigo/Insteon integrator

The thermostat issues you are seeing are sort of a known problem. Searching the forums will show many people having the same issues. The two resolutions seem to be contacting smarthome and seeing if you may need a firmware update which they say resolves the issue, and putting an access point or dual band module as close to the thermostats as possible. It seems to be a bad design issue more than anything anyone but smarthome can fix.

I also have the 2-way switches not staying in sync issue, I gave up and just created a trigger to synchronize them when either one changes.

-Chris

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 pm
Swancoat offline

I had the same problem with my three-way switches. Obviously we all know, one of the switches is actually wired to the load, the other one is basically wired for power only, and doesn't PHYSICALLY control anything. So we link each switch to each other, and if you operate the hardware it works fine.

My problem came when I would control the actual load via Indigo or something. It would shut off, but that doesn't affect the other switchlinc. So like chrisla23, I created a trigger too. When the load turns on, it tells the slave switch to turn 'on' too, so they match. (you can do this with Keypadlinc buttons too). I made those for all of my 3 and 4 way switches, called them all 'State-Matchers' and dropped them in their own Trigger Folder so I wouldn't have to trip over them.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 pm
brianmaas offline

I would also suggest swapping out the thermostats with the new version. I have two that Smarthome swapped for me at no charge. I had them for over a year.

The old ones were cause two problems: 1. they would tell the thermostats to set erroneous information. 2. They would suddenly become unresponsive and would jam the entire insteon network.

I've had the new ones for about 2 months with no issues.

Page 1 of 1