Pioneer VSX-1021-K AV Receiver Integration

Posted on
Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 am
majortom offline

Re: Pioneer VSX-1021-K AV Receiver Integration

nsheldon wrote:
Hey Jay.

Thanks. Yea, I've thought about it, along with a plug-in for the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray player from my other post. I have one more home theater component to integrate, though (a Panasonic TC-P65VT30 TV). Once I've got all those integrated into my setup, I may start messing around with Indigo 5 plug-ins.

I am curious if you ever got either the TC-P65VT30 or the DMP-BDTx10 working? I have a need to control both, so I would love to not have to develop new code for this.

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:19 pm
nsheldon offline

Re: Pioneer VSX-1021-K AV Receiver Integration

majortom wrote:
I am curious if you ever got either the TC-P65VT30 or the DMP-BDTx10 working? I have a need to control both, so I would love to not have to develop new code for this.

Though I haven't created Indigo 5 plug-ins, I did get both devices working in Indigo 4 (and they are still working after the Indigo 5 upgrade after copying some related files into the new Indigo 5 folder). If you haven't seen the other forum posts I made regarding the integration processes, the Panasonic TC-P65VT30 TV integration is here and the Panasonic DMP-BD210 Blu-ray player is here.

Looking over all the stuff that others here are doing with plug-in development and the tasks and complexity associated with making a full-blown plug-in, I seriously doubt I'll be doing that at this point. While the plug-in architecture is great for those with software engineering experience and really adds to Indigo as a product, it's too involved for my hobbyist sensibilities and would take more time to make a plug-in than it did to come up with my own integration method under Indigo 4.