Security Script status?

Posted on
Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 am
bschollnick2 offline

Security Script status?

Folks,

I am in the process of making an add-on for the Security Script, that would display the status via the Indigo Web Server....

Is anyone interested in giving me feedback... I have a preliminary version ready, and I can give you a URL for the download...

Please feel free to let me know.

Either send a private message via the Forum, or send me an email to benjamin AT schollnick DOT net...

- Ben

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:30 pm
bschollnick2 offline

Security Status Script -- Prototype 3

Folks,

I have a prototype done for the Security Status Web plugin ready...

It's available from http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=13... And I'd really appreciate feedback...

This plugin will display the status of all security sensors (that are managed via the security script), and display the last 25 lines of security logs...

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Security Status Script -- Prototype 3

Hi Benjamin,

Looks great! I just thought of a possible addition for it. Could you add some way to include user-selectable Variables to the page? For example, I have a few security related variables (like securtyMode, securityLastTrip, securityArmed) that would be handy to show on that page. Maybe an option in the plug-in script to have a section with any variable that contain "security" in them, or some other way to choose variables to be shown?

You could do the same thing with Action Groups as well I suppose. So have buttons/links for any Action Group that has the word "security" in it. In my case that would show: security - arm home, security - arm delay, security - disarm, etc.

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:39 am
CharlieParker offline

support wrote:
Maybe an option in the plug-in script to have a section with any variable that contain "security" in them, or some other way to choose variables to be shown?

Perhaps by what folder the variables are in, hint Matt :wink:

Thanks Ben!

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:55 pm
anode offline

(No subject)

is it me or is the last updated and status columns swapped?

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm
bschollnick2 offline

(No subject)

anode wrote:
is it me or is the last updated and status columns swapped?

Why by george! Your correct...

I just corrected it on the development copy...

Posted on
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 pm
bschollnick2 offline

CharlieParker wrote:
support wrote:
Maybe an option in the plug-in script to have a section with any variable that contain "security" in them, or some other way to choose variables to be shown?

Perhaps by what folder the variables are in, hint Matt :wink:

Thanks Ben!

Your welcome.... The only issue is that the Folders do not seem to be visible in the python context. I don't see any functions in indigodb.py that expose the folders...

I'll take a look at implementing the variable w/Security in it, but...The folders will have to wait until Matt exposes the functionality...

Posted on
Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:12 am
bschollnick2 offline

Updated Security Status Plugin -- Release v1.00

Folks,

I just finished with the security status plugin...

The following changes have been made:

* The columns are now sensor name, sensor status, last update. Previously you would have to scroll to see what the status was.
* Added the viewport meta tag to help auto-zoom the iphone in so you could read the page without zooming...
* Added support for variables that have "Security" in their name.

The script can be found at http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/home-automation/indigo-security-script/.

Page 1 of 1