Event log plug-in trouble

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 am
Matt offline

Event log plug-in trouble

I have a link on my master control page that displays the recent Indigo links. Since version 4.0.1 (I am using version 4.0.2 on a Mac Mini G4 running OS X 10.4.11) it has not been displaying the most recent events by default. I have to click on Submit Query to get the most recent events to display.

I deleted the control on my control page and created a new one thinking it would display the most current events, but nothing changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 9:03 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Event log trouble

Matt wrote:
I have a link on my master control page that displays the recent Indigo links.

I'm not following what you mean by "recent Indigo links." Can you copy/paste the URL you are using on the Control Page?

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 am
Matt offline

(No subject)

When I click on the control with the corresponding link ( http://xxxxx.com:####/Eventlog/ ) yesterday's event log appears.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Gotcha -- you are talking about the Event Log plugin. I've moved this thread to the User Contributions forum and I imagine Ben (the author of that contribution) will chime in.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 am
bschollnick2 offline

Re: Event log trouble

Matt wrote:
I have a link on my master control page that displays the recent Indigo links. Since version 4.0.1 (I am using version 4.0.2 on a Mac Mini G4 running OS X 10.4.11) it has not been displaying the most recent events by default. I have to click on Submit Query to get the most recent events to display.

I deleted the control on my control page and created a new one thinking it would display the most current events, but nothing changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't seen or heard of any problems....
What version of the Event Log Plugin are you using?

Could you try to upgrade to the latest version of the plugin?

http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/home-automation/indigo-remote-log-viewer/

There was a subtle date bug in a earlier version of the plugin....

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 6:46 pm
Matt offline

(No subject)

I installed the latest version - I was running an older one. but I am getting the same problem. When I click the control button it displays yesterday's events up until 23:55.

I cleared the cache in my browser (Opera version 9.63), but still get the same thing. It also happens with Windows IE.

Not sure what to try next.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 pm
bschollnick2 offline

(No subject)

Matt wrote:
I installed the latest version - I was running an older one. but I am getting the same problem. When I click the control button it displays yesterday's events up until 23:55.

I cleared the cache in my browser (Opera version 9.63), but still get the same thing. It also happens with Windows IE.

Not sure what to try next.

1) It is not a browser issue, so changing browsers will not change anything.
2) What does your Indigo log state when you try to access the plugin?
3) Does the Console Log (System) show anything around that time...? Specifically a python error?

Otherwise, can you send me a copy of your indigo log, so that I can try to duplicate this issue? Send it to benjamin AT schollnick DOT net.

Page 1 of 1