AppleScript handler/function library

Posted on
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am
berkinet offline

AppleScript handler/function library

Several members here have developed little applescript handlers/functions for accomplishing all sorts of common tasks. For example, this thread contained a couple of approaches to checking if a script was already running. Also, Jay has posted a number of examples of work-arounds for common applescript problems.

So, I was wondering if there was an interest in creating a library of these contributions. Since they are not fully developed applications, and in some cases are only pseudo-code, they are not really appropriate for the User Contribution Library. But, none-the-less, it seems like a worthwhile venture if someone could figure out how to set it up and manage it (with a minimum amount of effort). Maybe a new board, or a sub-board (if this version of the board software allows such things) to the Indigo & Applescript forum.

Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts?

Richard

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Richard, I think it's a great idea: how about if we give you an account on the Wiki and you can maintain a page for them? I think the Wiki is a better place for this because searching there will result in more specific hits.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1